+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thomas Cook

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Thomas Cook

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    My suggestion hinges on a secured loan, so the Government would have assets to seize in the event of a default and gets its money back if not.
    It’s interesting that the German Government lent money to Condor, the German subsidiary of Thomas Cook Airlines.
    Incidentally, Brexit may not be the only reason that the company went bust, but as with so many other cases, I’d bet that without Brexit, it wouldn’t have gone under just yet.
    It was the same with Woolworths - the financial crisis finished them off.
    And so it begins. Brexit getting blamed for every bit of bad news, and it hasn’t even kicked in yet. 😁
    Poor management, greed by the company directors, and a failing business model, are the reasons for its demise.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    And so it begins. Brexit getting blamed for every bit of bad news, and it hasn’t even kicked in yet. ��
    Poor management, greed by the company directors, and a failing business model, are the reasons for its demise.
    Yeah, I don't think brexit has much to do with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    And so it begins. Brexit getting blamed for every bit of bad news, and it hasn’t even kicked in yet. ��
    yep as with most failed businesses and miss management , you watch the spotlight will move away for the actual CEO's and management decisions , and sit solely with government on emotional level , the blame and no personal responsibility culture is these days is incredible .