I have just spoken to my house insurers & have been informed that I cannot use my legal cover for this problem.
Yesterday I contacted DVLA to have my registration changed.
I am sending my V5 off today with a covering letter explaining that I want to surrender my registration & be issued with a new one as i believe my car has been cloned.
This will take 2-4 weeks according to them so last night I ordered a new set of number plates in my registration but with the Welsh flag on the side of the plates (no V5, driving license or proof of address required even though the authorities claim that is the only way you can get new plates).
I will fit the new plates when they arrive, hopefully tomorrow, & photograph them being fitted.
If I receive any more tickets for offences committed between tomorrow & when I have my new registration & number plates I hope that as the clone cars plates does not have a flag I can use this to prove it is not my car committing these offences.
As blue matt stated the police & authorities are not interested at all.
As far as they are concerned either I am committing the offences or I know who is driving the car committing these offences 7 am refusing to tell them.
There are estimated to be at least 10,000 cloned cars on the roads committing various offences & unless the clone is involved in an accident where the driver cannot drive it away or is actually physically stopped by a real Policeman, as opposed to being photographed by gatso"s, camera vans etc there is no way of catching them.