Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
If it carries on like this I can see him retiring early. I love the man and what he's done, but I get the sense that today was a significant thing. Perhaps Watnockball no longer works or perhaps the players we've now got can't do it, but it's very hard indeed to see what can be done about this.

If it's bringing in a freaky foreign manager and buying Portuguese players with strange haircuts and even stranger temperaments I think I'll retire with the manager.
I liked the honest straightforward English game with a team which was greater than the sum of its parts, and that we could often run rings around teams of expensive pirouetting tossers. Mind you, I also liked it when men only married women and the side which got most votes won, so I'm probably as out of time as Sir Neil.
Really? I watching Wolves yesterday thinking "that could be us". And I really wish it was. They play good football and they've slotted right into the EPL, more than holding their own. They've gone toe-to-toe with Man U and others with no fear whatsoever. Why wouldn't any City fan want that for us? We looked petrified every time we came up against a top-six club last year except for the last game of the season when we were already relegated. Now we're back struggling in the Championship and still playing shit football.