+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Reading some Aussie fans views on Reddit I doubt they'll be too concerned about losing Hodge anyway.

I think we'll see a completely different Australia to what we did against Fiji. As soon as they decided to keep it tight and attack the fringes of the ruck Fiji looked clueless. Australia will prefer a looser game against Wales, their backline is still devastating.
    That’s interesting as I thought he seemed a decent player.

Agreed about a different Australia but also think you’ll see a better Wales team. They ground the Aussies down in the Autumn internationals and I’ll think it’ll be more of the same this time if they do win. As you say the Aussies are lethal with ball in hand, so Wales will try to keep things tight although they need to scrummage even better than they against Georgia.

Re: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    That’s interesting as I thought he seemed a decent player.

Agreed about a different Australia but also think you’ll see a better Wales team. They ground the Aussies down in the Autumn internationals and I’ll think it’ll be more of the same this time if they do win. As you say the Aussies are lethal with ball in hand, so Wales will try to keep things tight although they need to scrummage even better than they against Georgia.
    I think we'll play a similar game that we played against England in the 6N. Go through the phases and attack tight.

Can't see the wingers seeing much ball.

I think we'll win by choking them out of the game. I also think it's imperative that we do as a QF against England has us going home.
    Have got France as my dark horses though so wouldn't be surprised if they beat us.