+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another mass shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another mass shooting

Yeah of course they would, but I think they're in the minority at the moment. Either way, it's a matter for them to decide and in the unlikely event that they get the numbers to amend the Constitution they'll be able to go that way.
    My original point was that I don't know why all these kids here think they've got a right to demand this change in another country, and that they get much less excited about far worse problems elsewhere .

Truthfully, I think they go mad on certain issues without understanding them, and these are the same issues which the political establishment promotes so they're probably just parrot tin views which they think will make them popular and make them look clever .

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Yeah of course they would, but I think they're in the minority at the moment. Either way, it's a matter for them to decide and in the unlikely event that they get the numbers to amend the Constitution they'll be able to go that way.
    My original point was that I don't know why all these kids here think they've got a right to demand this change in another country, and that they get much less excited about far worse problems elsewhere .
    'Kids having the right to demand a change in another country' is a pretty woolly concept when it's more a case of people expressing exasperation at mass shootings, albeit in a different jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    'Kids having the right to demand a change in another country' is a pretty woolly concept when it's more a case of people expressing exasperation at mass shootings, albeit in a different jurisdiction.
    How can you be exasperated about something you have no right or ability to change ?

How can you be exasperated about something you have no right or ability to change ?
    Do you never get exasperated about, say, the weather?

Exasperation is not a sentiment that is limited to situations where one is helpless to change conditions oneself. Someone who buys a sailing boat may be exasperated that he or she is unable to use it on a week's holiday due to lack of wind. And there are millions of other examples, many of which may involve the suffering of other human beings.

Truthfully, I think they go mad on certain issues without understanding them, and these are the same issues which the political establishment promotes so they're probably just parrot tin views which they think will make them popular and make them look clever .
    So, you think this was wrong from when you were their age?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/2818967.stm

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Here's another one while I'm at it.

http://comms.dsgioemcomputing.com/?m...12ADVIEPCWGAME

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I was there actually ! I wasn't demonstrating though.
    That aside, I thought a lot of stuff which was nonsense when I was that age, but I didn't go round being as rude to decent people as some of this lot do, ( besides the point I know ). Might I have been naive and daft enough to think I was able to comment on such a complicated issue ? Maybe, but I think I'd have listened if someone who'd been around the block a bit put a different view and I'd have known that I probably still had a bit to learn .
    To be honest with you Bob, I think I was more concerned at that age by the idea of making my own way and trying to get involved in the wider world than I was by theorising from afar on foreign affairs.

I expect that I suffered from all the faults of youth, but someone has to point out to kids that there's usually another side to things and that's all I was doing really .

I was there actually ! I wasn't demonstrating though.
    That aside, I thought a lot of stuff which was nonsense when I was that age, but I didn't go round being as rude to decent people as some of this lot do, ( besides the point I know ). Might I have been naive and daft enough to think I was able to comment on such a complicated issue ? Maybe, but I think I'd have listened if someone who'd been around the block a bit put a different view and I'd have known that I probably still had a bit to learn .
    To be honest with you Bob, I think I was more concerned at that age by the idea of making my own way and trying to get involved in the wider world than I was by theorising from afar on foreign affairs.

I expect that I suffered from all the faults of youth, but someone has to point out to kids that there's usually another side to things and that's all I was doing really .
    The fact that those kids who were demonstrating and not listening to their elders were proved right (as the anti Aparthied demonstrators of a year later were as well) means nothing to you then?