+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Your ideas about completing seasons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Your ideas about completing seasons

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Cancel the Nations League and move the Euros back to 2021.
    This should give room to get games on and the season completed even if it has to be behind closed doors.
    There is no point in playing behind closed doors.

End the season now, call it void. No promotions, no relegations, just start over in August. The whole government strategy is to delay the peak so things arent going to be better in a few weeks. I would wait until after easter to announce the season is dead.

im also starting to fear that the reaction to this is going to be more damaging and deadly than the virus itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

End the season now, call it void. No promotions, no relegations, just start over in August. The whole government strategy is to delay the peak so things arent going to be better in a few weeks. I would wait until after easter to announce the season is dead.

im also starting to fear that the reaction to this is going to be more damaging and deadly than the virus itself.
    The point is getting the season completed - which is the point of the thread.

If the season is declared null & void there’s going to be some very disgruntled fans and, on the other hand, some very relieved fans but I s’pose it wouldn’t be right to decide Championships, promotions & relegation on current standings. In a two legged cup tie the second leg is still played even if one team are 10-0 down. Best just to wait it out and then resume in my opinion, after all FIFA have set a precedent in f*cking about with seasons’ calendars with the timing of the Qatar World Cup, so it can be done.

Oh yes.