Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
She's a senior political journalist. It's her job to build relationships with people government and in opposition, and to report what they are doing, saying and thinking.

The criticism of Kuenessberg makes me laugh. Every Labour supporter I know thinks she's heavily biased in favour of the Tories, while everyone I know who opposes Labour thinks she's a screaming leftie. It's ridiculous. It seems that opinions of her journalism are determined solely by which side of political spectrum you're on rather than what she actually writes or reports.
She gets a huge amount of criticism, not all of it fair I agree, and some of it is clearly derived from misogyny. But a lot of it is also fair, and she deserves to be called out for stuff like this.

The source she mentions was undoubtedly someone in Government, (let's be honest, probably Cummings himself) so instead if issuing a comment on the story their first act was to feed her a line which she then parrotted in direct reply to the initial story. She's the BBC's political editor, her job is not to directly rebut another journalist's story with lines from unnamed sources within the Government. It's not proper, decent or remotely common journalistic practice, especially from someone in her position.

Her issuing the rebuttal is the work of PR people and spin doctors, and she's got previous - remember when she spread that Matt Hancock's adviser had been punched outside Leeds Hospital during the election, thanks again to her "unnamed sources", and had to swiftly retract when it became obvious that there was video footage of the incident which showed that absolutely nothing of the sort happened? She's either wilfully compliant in being used to propagate spin for the Tories or she's hopelessly naive. Neither is a good look.