Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
This will be NW's 40th year in management, In all those years he's only achieved four promotions that didn't come via the playoffs. And one of those came from the Conference. He has never managed to keep a club in the EPL. I don't know why everyone is confident we can go straight back up, and even if we did, there's no reason to believe we can stay there. This in my opinion is very short sighted and just goes to show what kind of people are running the club.
I can't argue with your stats but I disagree with your assessment of what NW is capable of. Given the transfer restrictions we've worked under I would argue he's done brilliantly in trying to gradually evolve our squad into containing better footballers.

Our recruitment has clearly been done with a view to gradually improving the club this time, rather than the boom or bust we had last time. This is why there has been little anger at the relegation this year.

As others have noted, this year is the key year to discover what NW is capable of once he's finally got enough decent players in the squad. He's finally in a position where he can add a bit of quality depth to the squad that we've been missing so far.

I for one am more excited for this coming year than I have been for at least two seasons.