+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The manager situation - one thing's become clear now.

Re: The manager situation - one thing's become clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Why bother for them to meet therefore if Lamouchi wasn't to be offered the job?
    Well you asked why bother coming over here, I was just answering that by saying that he was in this country anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    The embargo is a PUNISHMENT for late payment and will not be lifted. If we pay the next instalment late things could get worse. We are stuck with two more transfer window shut outs.
    Thanks for the CLARIFICATION

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Thanks for the CLARIFICATION
    You are very WELCOME!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well you asked why bother coming over here, I was just answering that by saying that he was in this country anyway.
    Thanks.

Shame he couldn't make time for a fans forum........

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    . Huge mistake with sacking Morison he was half decent got let down by lack not getting striker. .
    Hence the reason Morison HAD to go. It was almost as if Morison forgot that goals win games

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Hence the reason Morison HAD to go. It was almost as if Morison forgot that goals win games
    Morison had a monster job on to completely transform the squad. He was sacked one game after signing a striker - but not for football reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Morison had a monster job on to completely transform the squad. He was sacked one game after signing a striker - but not for football reasons.
    He probably got a bit lippy with Vinnie. Tan doesn't appreciate his underlings being feisty.

Can you give us any clues?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can you give us any clues?
    Bullying behaviour - allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Bullying behaviour - allegedly
    I thought he might have something we hadn't heard before.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thought he might have something we hadn't heard before.
    Ah ok wasn't sure what's been said on here. I'm a bit hit and miss attendance wise

Can you tell us what these non-football reasons were please?

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    The embargo is a PUNISHMENT for late payment and will not be lifted. If we pay the next instalment late things could get worse. We are stuck with two more transfer window shut outs.
    I was told exactly the same a few days ago by someone at the club. Also told that Lamouchi wanted a lot of money, which was never going to happen 😂

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Huge mistake with sacking Morison he was half decent got let down by lack not getting striker
    Ironically, Etete and Robinson will probably prove to be his best 2 signings. Though, Etete was a project and injured and Robinson came late. I also think, at a level, Watters will score goals. It could have been a very different season if he'd scored two or three of some of those easier to miss' chances he had early season.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Ironically, Etete and Robinson will probably prove to be his best 2 signings. Though, Etete was a project and injured and Robinson came late. I also think, at a level, Watters will score goals. It could have been a very different season if he'd scored two or three of some of those easier to miss' chances he had early season.
    It could be argued that Morison was an opposite of Warnock when it came to transfers - think Robinson for £1.5 million was always a good deal and Etete's performances towards the end of the season were very encouraging (the Ollie Tanner "project" looks like being a failure mind). When it came to the free transfers though, there were always going to be some good ones considering there were so many of them, but, overall, I'd only rate Morison's work there at something like four or five out of ten.

Not convinced about Watters, he's had a decent loan spell at MK Dons and a not so good one at Barnsley (suppose he could still score a hat trick in the Play Off Final!) - I felt a bit sorry for him at the start of the season, but, based on what I've seen, he'd be an okay League One striker and a good one at League Two level.

It could be argued that Morison was an opposite of Warnock when it came to transfers - think Robinson for £1.5 million was always a good deal and Etete's performances towards the end of the season were very encouraging (the Ollie Tanner "project" looks like being a failure mind). When it came to the free transfers though, there were always going to be some good ones considering there were so many of them, but, overall, I'd only rate Morison's work there at something like four or five out of ten.

Not convinced about Watters, he's had a decent loan spell at MK Dons and a not so good one at Barnsley (suppose he could still score a hat trick in the Play Off Final!) - I felt a bit sorry for him at the start of the season, but, based on what I've seen, he'd be an okay League One striker and a good one at League Two level.
    The other 12 permanent signings were dreadful. Allsop and O'Dowda were adequate and we can't really judge Collins or Adams. But the other 8 were very poor and didn't even address the needs of the squad.

Alnwick, Romeo, Simpson, Campbell, Rinhomota, Sawyers, Tanner, Ojo

Then some for the U21's; Benjamin, Conte and Antwi

Agree about Watters, but he'd be tidy back up to the others

Alnick was ok as a back up keeper although agree he isn’t the best, I thought Romeo on a free was a good signing and has done well. Rinhomota has been dissapointing but I think another manager might be able to get more from him. But I think you comment about the needs of the squad not being addressed is the key, to many similar players and to many key positions not filled or filled to late in the transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    The other 12 permanent signings were dreadful. Allsop and O'Dowda were adequate and we can't really judge Collins or Adams. But the other 8 were very poor and didn't even address the needs of the squad.

Alnwick, Romeo, Simpson, Campbell, Rinhomota, Sawyers, Tanner, Ojo

Then some for the U21's; Benjamin, Conte and Antwi

Agree about Watters, but he'd be tidy back up to the others
    Think you're being a bit harsh on Romeo there, but I wouldn't argue about any of the others (didn't we pay 40 grand for Tanner?) - Sawyers has been a big disappointment.

Let's not write off Sawyers' 2-3 game spell where he wasn't terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Can you tell us what these non-football reasons were please?
    I'll try and shed some light on this, though the specifics are not known to me. You have to go back to the Bellamy 'sacking' - allegedly bullying, and then when Morison was here there was an awful lot of 'noise' on messageboards from certain posters about Morison 'bullying' Colwill, and then making Max Watters cry. I know a lot more about the Bellamy situation, but all incidents were really down to 'player power'. Neither Morison nor Bellamy suffered fools gladly, and the senior players respected them, but the academy players were/are a clique, and collectively wield a lot of power especially when they collectively bring forward an allegation. This board had 'bullying fever' and a few posters I've no doubt had the ear of a few precious parents. As I said, both Morison and Bellamy had the senior players' respect, but the club had perhaps become a little over-sensitive to these things, especially in the wake of the Sala tragedy.

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You literally just made all this up.
    Probably, but I think he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'll try and shed some light on this, though the specifics are not known to me. You have to go back to the Bellamy 'sacking' - allegedly bullying, and then when Morison was here there was an awful lot of 'noise' on messageboards from certain posters about Morison 'bullying' Colwill, and then making Max Watters cry. I know a lot more about the Bellamy situation, but all incidents were really down to 'player power'. Neither Morison nor Bellamy suffered fools gladly, and the senior players respected them, but the academy players were/are a clique, and collectively wield a lot of power especially when they collectively bring forward an allegation. This board had 'bullying fever' and a few posters I've no doubt had the ear of a few precious parents. As I said, both Morison and Bellamy had the senior players' respect, but the club had perhaps become a little over-sensitive to these things, especially in the wake of the Sala tragedy.
    Least quiet monkfish.

Let's be honest, it's reeeeally easy to make up a believable rumour about this poorly run football club.

Only thing I know for certain is Tan does have a buyer lined up but the deal will only go through once the lawsuit is settled. Another sticking point is Tan wants his son Rayvin to be a part of the takeover but obviously the incoming party is not so keen.

Even when he's on his way out of the club, Tan will never be out out.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'll try and shed some light on this, though the specifics are not known to me.
    I'll also shed some light on this, although the specifics are not known to me.

Steve Morison promised the owner (and the fans) that the 2022/23 campaign was going to be a lot better than the 2021/22 campaign. However, the team he built was rubbish. He was sacked after 10 games following a 1-0 defeat at second-from-bottom Huddersfield, with his side sitting 18th in the table, one point above the relegation zone.

He wasn't sacked because of player power. He was sacked because the players he brought in were not good enough.