+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Am i the only one who isnt happy with the wurzles winning ? ? ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Am i the only one who isnt happy with the wurzles winning ? ? ?

Whilst I wanted them to go through a gruelling, punishing extra time, I hadn't considered them winning tonight but now I have, it's by far the best outcome for us.

I'd hate to have to be thinking about those extra games and all the fanfare / media attention, when the real prize is promotion.

And if they start crowing about a League Cup semi, well they can maybe come back to us when they've narrowly lost in the final on pelanties

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Whilst I wanted them to go through a gruelling, punishing extra time, I hadn't considered them winning tonight but now I have, it's by far the best outcome for us.

I'd hate to have to be thinking about those extra games and all the fanfare / media attention, when the real prize is promotion.

And if they start crowing about a League Cup semi, well they can maybe come back to us when they've narrowly lost in the final on pelanties

We lost 3 out of 4 leading up the Carling Cup Final having lost 1 of our previous 16. We also lost the game following it.

Before the game I talked with the some of the Villa fans I work with and we were all of the same opinion, that the best result for City & Villa would be a Wurzel win, giving them more games & more distractions, hopefully with the same effect it had on us (as mentioned elsewhere in this thread).

International

I agree. Their winning will put more preasue on them and more games which will hopefully affect their league performances. I hope they do well in the FA Cuo too.