+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Brexit : Should I Listen To The Loons ?

Re: Brexit : Should I Listen To The Loons ?

Nelsonca you are thick as shit give it a rest you're killing me ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    or, would it not be better to have an NHS still in the UK or not at all ?
    So you haven't made any points I'm glad we agree about something, at no point have I said that any point I make regarding the NHS are facts, infact, I have repeatedly said it's a gamble that's all, what I have said is that the UK entered the common market agreement on trading policies, fishing, farming etc. we did not sign up because of any of the scaremongering that Cameron and associated are throwing about now, the erosion of workers pensions being one of his latest, a EURO Army, TTIP etc. it's your right to ignore these. but its also my right to try and digest information from both sides and come to my own conclusion, I only have to justify them to myself and no one else, one John Doe scaremongering on a Cardiff city football site whereas the prime minister of this country has engaged in scaremongering tactics that, members of his own party are questioning and proposing that a vote of no confidence in him is engaged after the election, are you for real ?
    So you start off by attacking me - and continue in that vain by claiming I am ignoring some things that you see as important. Are you suggesting I haven't considered both sides and come up with a different conclusion than you? Do you think everyone who hasn't voted LEAVE are just giving in to scaremongering? Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No British pm would even consider a move towards a unified EU army (which we are a long long way away from ) without firm guarantees on protecting British interests. Likewise the French with their overseas territories.
    a long way of you say, lets see how it pans out in the next year or so

Of course no UK PM would want it too happen, but it could easily be done, a few cutbacks here and there, then suddenly " oh look, we have such a small MOD force, its not worth keeping, afterall we are protected by the EU army, lets just merge our troops with that "

job done

A British prime minister went to Brussels recently to thrash out concessions regarding our membership, members of his own party agree that he was sent away like a naughty school boy with a couple of token gestures, I agree that No British pm would even consider a move towards a unified EU army, however the way that the EU is evolving I'm not sure the pm would have the power to stop it and be allowed to remain within the EU club.
    its a worry for me, I am a massive supporter of our " armed forces " despite it being very popular to knock them

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Another reason to stick at it

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    a long way of you say, lets see how it pans out in the next year or so

Of course no UK PM would want it too happen, but it could easily be done, a few cutbacks here and there, then suddenly " oh look, we have such a small MOD force, its not worth keeping, afterall we are protected by the EU army, lets just merge our troops with that "

job done

its a worry for me, I am a massive supporter of our " armed forces " despite it being very popular to knock them
    Although I've never been in the forces I have spent lots of time working on RAF bases and occasionally staying in the Sgt's Mess, I worked at RAF Bishops Court, Northern Iron during the early 80's at the height of the troubles, travelling from Belfast back to the camp through County Down was a bit lairy, getting stopped at a road block on one occasion was more than a brown trouser moment I have utmost respect for our armed forces but I do have serious reservations about them being sent to conflict areas believing that we should not get involved like we do, sending a task force to the Falkland islands ffs, the company I worked for at the time were on standby to support the equipment that we supplied to the MOD, I knew a couple of engineers who went working for Marconi

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Another reason to stick at it
    I like to amuse them Mrs R, got all three in the thread again tonight, it's getting too easy

Although I've never been in the forces I have spent lots of time working on RAF bases and occasionally staying in the Sgt's Mess, I worked at RAF Bishops Court, Northern Iron during the early 80's at the height of the troubles, travelling from Belfast back to the camp through County Down was a bit lairy, getting stopped at a road block on one occasion was more than a brown trouser moment I have utmost respect for our armed forces but I do have serious reservations about them being sent to conflict areas believing that we should not get involved like we do, sending a task force to the Falkland islands ffs, the company I worked for at the time were on standby to support the equipment that we supplied to the MOD, I knew a couple of engineers who went working for Marconi
    thats a political argument though, i have never served, though i do have a number of mates who have and some are still in, I worked for the MOD for a few years, so got to know people and they became mates

The Falklands are British ( like it or not ) and we had no other choice other than to act ( despite is keeping Maggie in for another term )

thats a political argument though, i have never served, though i do have a number of mates who have and some are still in, I worked for the MOD for a few years, so got to know people and they became mates

The Falklands are British ( like it or not ) and we had no other choice other than to act ( despite is keeping Maggie in for another term )
    OFF Topic, going back to the Falklands was the time I begun a serious interest in Satellite TV, I bought a 1.2 mtr motorised dish which was a large dish at the time, dug a big hole in the garden, filled it with concrete and mounted the dish, bought various hookey decoders and used to spend evenings searching for raw news feeds and was successful on many occasions, as well as plenty of filth it wasn't so common then. Reading uncensored news was probably my beginning of treating the corporate news channels with the lack of thrust that I do.

Blog Entries

I like to amuse them Mrs R, got all three in the thread again tonight, it's getting too easy
    How dare you have an opinion.

You are allowed an opinion, as long as its not your own

I like to amuse them
    You're certainly amusing me.

I haven't knocked HeathBlue for having an opinion. I have knocked him for passing those opinions as facts which, in my opinion, he is doing. People on the opposite side of your argument have opinions too, and they are being passed off as "ignoring" certain elements of gossip.

Frankly, the politicians on both sides have done a sterling job of mudslinging and scaremongering and I think people will be voting "LEAVE" because they are scared of certain things, and people will be voting "REMAIN" because they are scared of certain things.

I like to make decisions based on facts, and there are absolutely no facts coming from either side. That's why I am voting to stay as we are. Similarly, if we were voting to join on June 23rd, I'd be voting to stay as we are because both sides are equally crap at telling us facts rather than hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You're certainly amusing me.
    Just imagine the morning after the result, one side or other will be extracting the urine of the other although TBH, I've basically accepted a remain result, it does go a bit over on occasions but I do have a little s****** from some of the comments,
    I'll never believe that a remain result is a right result but I'll not sulk either and will just get on with life and accept it. I'm too old to be conscripted to the EURO Army

Just imagine the morning after the result, one side or other will be extracting the urine of the other although TBH, I've basically accepted a remain result, it does go a bit over on occasions but I do have a little s****** from some of the comments,
    I'll never believe that a remain result is a right result but I'll not sulk either and will just get on with life and accept it. I'm too old to be conscripted to the EURO Army

Although, I think it is a bit too serious an issue for a "yah-boo sucks to you" type attitude from one side against the other. Farage has said that, if it is close (52-48), he will demand another referendum. Imagine if the Leave campaign win 50.1-49.9, Farage will have to backtrack quite a bit on that.

My own thoughts are that, every 5 years I elect someone to represent me in Parliament. There's 650 of the bar stewards and, when it comes to major decisions and a chance to justify their 11% pay rises, generous expense packages and large wages, they put it to the public vote.

Blog Entries

I haven't knocked HeathBlue for having an opinion. I have knocked him for passing those opinions as facts which, in my opinion, he is doing. People on the opposite side of your argument have opinions too, and they are being passed off as "ignoring" certain elements of gossip.

Frankly, the politicians on both sides have done a sterling job of mudslinging and scaremongering and I think people will be voting "LEAVE" because they are scared of certain things, and people will be voting "REMAIN" because they are scared of certain things.

I like to make decisions based on facts, and there are absolutely no facts coming from either side. That's why I am voting to stay as we are. Similarly, if we were voting to join on June 23rd, I'd be voting to stay as we are because both sides are equally crap at telling us facts rather than hopes.
    Well I'm not voting leave because of anything that either side has said, I have my own reasons, if other people don't like my reasons it's tough luck, no amount of implying that I'm a racist loon (which is out of order btw) will change my mind.

Although, I think it is a bit too serious an issue for a "yah-boo sucks to you" type attitude from one side against the other. Farage has said that, if it is close (52-48), he will demand another referendum. Imagine if the Leave campaign win 50.1-49.9, Farage will have to backtrack quite a bit on that.

My own thoughts are that, every 5 years I elect someone to represent me in Parliament. There's 650 of the bar stewards and, when it comes to major decisions and a chance to justify their 11% pay rises, generous expense packages and large wages, they put it to the public vote.
    Regarding the vote, its close in the polls but taking the last election as an example, the polls were neck and neck right up to the vote, I believe this to be because, many voters were too embarrassed to say Tory to the pollsters but in the privacy of the ballot box had no hesitation in looking after themselves resulting in a clear tory win as we know, I think that a pollster asking the voter now, will get many exit votes as the voter will want to be seen as a bit of a rebel, but as soon as the voter gets in the booth, the safe option of stay will get the X and the remain campaign will walk it 70/30, I am a little surprised at how many youngsters are indicating out at the moment.

Blog Entries

Regarding the vote, its close in the polls but taking the last election as an example, the polls were neck and neck right up to the vote, I believe this to be because, many voters were too embarrassed to say Tory to the pollsters but in the privacy of the ballot box had no hesitation in looking after themselves resulting in a clear tory win as we know, I think that a pollster asking the voter now, will get many exit votes as the voter will want to be seen as a bit of a rebel, but as soon as the voter gets in the booth, the safe option of stay will get the X and the remain campaign will walk it 70/30, I am a little surprised at how many youngsters are indicating out at the moment.
    Even if the vote is 70/30 for leaving we will still stay in

Even if the vote is 70/30 for leaving we will still stay in
    Agreed, the UK will not be allowed to leave irrespective of the vote

I was reading 2 days ago that France is well in the shit at the moment financially, the article has disappeared though

surely this is a reason to vote Leave

afterall, you will not have the option to vote for a vast % of the EU Politicians

surely this is a reason to vote Leave

afterall, you will not have the option to vote for a vast % of the EU Politicians
    A reason to leave one union is because politicians of another union make you vote?

Well I'm not voting leave because of anything that either side has said, I have my own reasons, if other people don't like my reasons it's tough luck, no amount of implying that I'm a racist loon (which is out of order btw) will change my mind.
    So you haven't researched the issue at all? That is a shame.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    So you haven't researched the issue at all? That is a shame.
    Nice twist of words there I didn't say I haven't researched it, I said I haven't made my mind up based on what any of those idiots have said in the papers.

Nice twist of words there I didn't say I haven't researched it, I said I haven't made my mind up based on what any of those idiots have said in the papers.
    Everybody has an angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    On the other hand , if he takes us out of Europe, triggering a recession and giving the SNP the chance to split Scotland from the UK, whilst cutting the throat of beloved institutions like the BBC and the NHS he could easily go down as the worst PM ever.
    Part of this problem incommunicado get with voters.
    How does the fall of BBC and NHS happen if we are not part of Europe ?