+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bitcoin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Just saw an article on Ars Technica that said that if you'd bought $1000 worth of bitcoins in 2010 they'd be worth a cool $35m today!
    My mate told me of a guy who put his inheritance into bit coin a few years back, about half a million quid. It went up to over 30 million!!! Needless to say he doesn't have to worry about much now. Is it still worth investing in??? Can anyone advise me as I have about 10k floating about earning no interest......

Re: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    My mate told me of a guy who put his inheritance into bit coin a few years back, about half a million quid. It went up to over 30 million!!! Needless to say he doesn't have to worry about much now. Is it still worth investing in??? Can anyone advise me as I have about 10k floating about earning no interest......
    I've been watching it for years, constantly telling myself I've missed the boat. The first time I was kicking myself when I didn't buy at £30 and I thought it had reached its peak at £100 - I then bought litecoin instead which was not a bad investment, to be fair... Then I thought the same when bitcoin was £1000 - then again when it was £2000 - and so on. I still haven't bought any (although I did get some other ones), and I still worry that it's reached its peak! But as some have suggested it may well hit £10,000 or more - who knows! It may also completely crash and lots of people could lose a lot of money.

Ethereum is going to have its hard fork later this month I believe, which hopefully will raise its price. Might be worth looking at. Of course, nobody really knows what's going to happen and it's very volatile so it's obviously a risk. Nobody can tell you what's best for your £10k but it's certainly worth considering, imo.