+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ryan Giggs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ryan Giggs

I think Giggs has done well.

When we've played well we have looked ****ing brilliant.

Yes there are other games we haven't done as well, but hey, this is Wales. Do people not remember when we scraped an away win in Andorra?

Coleman's team were a good counterattacking side, but pretty easy to nullify if you were tactically astute. Giggs sides seem to offer more against a camped defence.
    I thought they did pretty well against a strong Denmark side, and were a little unlucky.

The main point for me though is we seem to be progressing, whilst bringing through a load of talented youngsters.
    Toshack blooded a lot of youngsters and we have benefited from that, but in doing so he also took us down to 117 in the FIFA rankings and into the 5th Ranking pot , which makes qualifying a lot more difficult.

Under Giggs we are playing good football, and blooding youngsters and getting a similar amount of good results as ever.
    I was extremely dubious of his appointment, not least because of that video of his rousing team speech at man utd, but I think he is doing a really good job so far.

How did Coleman or speed do when they first took over?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think Giggs has done well.

When we've played well we have looked ****ing brilliant.
    At which games did we look ****ing brilliant? Please don't tell me it was the two we played against Ireland? This current Irish team is the worst I have seen in 35 years. So bad infact, that they sacked their manager and assisstant O'Neil and Keane, not long after playing us

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    At which games did we look ****ing brilliant? Please don't tell me it was the two we played against Ireland? This current Irish team is the worst I have seen in 35 years. So bad infact, that they sacked their manager and assisstant O'Neil and Keane, not long after playing us
    If only they were that bad the previous time we played them at home

Ireland drew twice against Denmark and their Management resigned were not sacked? We did look brilliant against Ireland at home compared to Coleman’s team in the World Cup qualifying game against them? Give the guy a chance,better record than Coleman despite playing kids?

Asking a question and then dictating that two good performances aren't included in the answer seems a bit unfair

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Asking a question and then dictating that two good performances aren't included in the answer seems a bit unfair
    The performance away in Ireland wasn't great, Wilson bailed us out

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The performance away in Ireland wasn't great, Wilson bailed us out
    I didn't say it was great

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I didn't say it was great
    Fine, it wasn't good