+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City set to land Sam Gallagher....3million bid already in

City set to land Sam Gallagher....3million bid already in

If HITC can be believed...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/09...r-sam-gallagh/

Would be a positive statement if it comes off. 21 year-old Southampton striker has netted 12 goals in 47 appearances whilst on loan at relegated Blackburn Rovers. It seems City have moved quickly and put other suitors including Sunderland and Wolves on the back foot.

Blue in the Face

Re: City set to land Sam Gallagher....3million bid already in

Says in the link "according to the Sun" but I can't find an article online. Maybe it meant to say "according to my son who plays too much FIFA"

He's had a similar season to Zohore, at a younger age in a cack team. Would be good bit of business.

What type of player is he ? Would like to see Lambert moved on but can't see anyone coming in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    What type of player is he ? Would like to see Lambert moved on but can't see anyone coming in for him.
    He's 6 ft 4 , strong and not slow either.

Pretty similar to Kenneth Zohore.
    I wonder if the intention is to play them both at the same time or if we expect to be selling Kenneth.

Two strong quick 6ft 3+ strikers with a couple of wingers pinging in crosses next season then?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's 6 ft 4 , strong and not slow either.

Pretty similar to Kenneth Zohore.
    I wonder if the intention is to play them both at the same time or if we expect to be selling Kenneth.

Two strong quick 6ft 3+ strikers with a couple of wingers pinging in crosses next season then?
    Gives us options I guess, cover for each other if/when one of them is injured, two up top and maybe in anticipation of the big boys coming in with a silly offer for Ken

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Gives us options I guess, cover for each other if/when one of them is injured, two up top and maybe in anticipation of the big boys coming in with a silly offer for Ken
    Can we really expect a silly money move for Zohore if we are getting Gallagher for 3m?

Can we really expect a silly money move for Zohore if we are getting Gallagher for 3m?
    I wouldn't expect it, but you never know.

2 lumpy tall frontmen can only mean one thing.

HOOOOOOOF.

Should cause some defenders a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

HOOOOOOOF.

I'm trying to think of another team who has played with 2 big, quick frontmen like these Two.
    Presumably one of pulis' teams.

I'm trying to think of another team who has played with 2 big, quick frontmen like these Two.
    Pulis' teams weren't really quick up top just massive, Sidibe etc. Shearer and Sutton, Shearer and Ferdinand to name two though. Also, I think he will rotate with Zohore and start together occasionally. Good strikers are not cheap and if we are serious about challening promotion we need at least two really good ones as Zohore needs a rest and will get injured at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Pulis' teams weren't really quick up top just massive, Sidibe etc. Shearer and Sutton, Shearer and Ferdinand to name two though. Also, I think he will rotate with Zohore and start together occasionally. Good strikers are not cheap and if we are serious about challening promotion we need at least two really good ones as Zohore needs a rest and will get injured at some point.
    Shearer and Ferdinand is a good call. Yeah I thought the same about pulis'teams not usually that mobile, but couldn't think of a better example.

That sidy sarr we were linked with is also a giant, and he can play attacking midfield.

Sarr in behind Zohore and Gallagher, plenty of targets for wingers to aim at.

I don't think it's fair to label Zohore as your stereotypical "big man".

He is quite poor in the air as others have frequently commented but his ability on the ground and mobility would enable him to play in any type of forward combination i believe.

I don't think he'll be rotated next season as i think he'll be pivotal to us doing well but we must have other options if we are serious about challenging

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

He is quite poor in the air as others have frequently commented but his ability on the ground and mobility would enable him to play in any type of forward combination i believe.

I don't think he'll be rotated next season as i think he'll be pivotal to us doing well
    but we must have other options if we are serious about challenging

Yup, he'll be played whenever fit and available.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

I don't think he'll be rotated next season as i think he'll be pivotal to us doing well but we must have other options if we are serious about challenging
    Zohore uses his strength and size to get away from people not to use as a battering ram. Either way, Zohore must start next season and if, in the unlikely event, we get a better striker than him, we have to play both!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

HOOOOOOOF.

Does HOOOOOOOF still play in the Bundesliga ,will a fee be involved .

How about a 4-1-3-2 formation next year

Peltier Morrison bamba Bennett
    Gunnarsson
    New winger new attacking midfielder hoilett
    Zohore Gallagher

Indeed. Just because someone is tall people assume all he can do is header the ball and is no good with his feet. Both cobblers. And since when was heading outlawed in football?

Does anyone really believe that Cardiff City F.C. have tabled a £3m bid for Gallagher?

I believe there have been enquiries. But I doubt the figure, and I doubt any big fees will be paid (if at all) until Neil Warnock has gone over the plans and crunched the numbers with Vincent Tan in Malaysia at the end of the month.

Until then - paper talk!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Does anyone really believe that Cardiff City F.C. have tabled a £3m bid for Gallagher?

I believe there have been enquiries. But I doubt the figure, and I doubt any big fees will be paid (if at all) until Neil Warnock has gone over the plans and crunched the numbers with Vincent Tan in Malaysia at the end of the month.

Until then - paper talk!
    Some people suddenly think Tan is going to invest £6m on players. Unfounded rumours, Warnock will probably have to sell to cover any buying.

I think we will have to get rid of Fred and Lambert before we sign anyone for this fee and wages.

How about a 4-1-3-2 formation next year

Peltier Morrison bamba Bennett

Gunnarsson
    New winger new attacking midfielder hoilett
    Zohore Gallagher
    Marley Watkins and Scowan are leaving Barnsley that's your winger and midfielder sorted.

I think Tan is going to invest £6m on players.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Marley Watkins and Scowan are leaving Barnsley that's your winger and midfielder sorted.
    Hennessey could be available for free in the summer, that's the keeper sorted

It all seems so easy from a distance...

Higuain and Manzu....dic (?) in the champions league final.