+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well done Harris

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Well done Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Murphy and Glatzel would presumably have taken the last 2. Bamba, Paterson, Richards, Sang and Bennett were the other options. Bennett perhaps but I wouldn't back the others either.
    Paterson is surely a better option than Flint.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Paterson is surely a better option than Flint.
    Is he? I mean, he obviously can't do worse now but he can't kick. Amazingly when you create a squad full of players with no technical ability, you don't have too many obvious choices.

Is he? I mean, he obviously can't do worse now but he can't kick. Amazingly when you create a squad full of players with no technical ability, you don't have too many obvious choices.
    Not much point holding back Glatzel and Murphy for the last penalties if someone like Flint is one of the five.

Not much point holding back Glatzel and Murphy for the last penalties if someone like Flint is one of the five.
    Hindsight is 20:20. We should have won the game in normal time. I'd probably have picked Flint as he's scored more goals than pretty much every player in our squad and he's a confident bloke.

Hindsight is 20:20. We should have won the game in normal time. I'd probably have picked Flint as he's scored more goals than pretty much every player in our squad and he's a confident bloke.
    I don't think you need the benefit of hindsight to work out that if you don't have five good options then your best penalty takers should go first.

I don't think you need the benefit of hindsight to work out that if you don't have five good options then your best penalty takers should go first.
    Perhaps Flint is a good taker? He's taken them in league games I think. Also, if that's the case surely you want your best takers taking them last when the pressure is on.

Oh please. He scores goals with his head or scruffy tap ins. He’s not as clean a striker of the ball as someone like Bennett.

He’s a banana foot. Any manager with half a brain cell wouldn’t have let him take the first one.

We were playing Reading in a nothing game replay, both sides playing squad teams there was that little regard for the game. It was hardly the play off final.

Your best penalty takers should always take the first ones otherwise there could be a scenario where they don't get to take one at all..... like tonight!

That said, we were 2 nil and 3-2 up and by the sounds of It, we should have put the game to bed in normal time.

Disappointing.