+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best Pies in CCFC History.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Best Pies in CCFC History.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I can't find a worst pies thread so thisll do.

I once had the pork and apple roll from the sytner stand. Literally the worst thing I have ever eaten at a sports ground.

I thought food up there was supposed to be better? Nope!
    I'm assuming you are too young to have ever sampled the 'food' on offer at grounds in the 70's/80's?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I'm assuming you are too young to have ever sampled the 'food' on offer at grounds in the 70's/80's?
    Ye I wasnt here then

I think though back in those days it was basic things like pies, pasties etc I guess?.

Not the fancy garbage invading sports grounds nowadays. Pulled pork and all that

Wembley is up there. I wanted a normal burger and they give you this monstrosity with a giant pickle plonked on top.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Ye I wasnt here then

I think though back in those days it was basic things like pies, pasties etc I guess?.

Not the fancy garbage invading sports grounds nowadays. Pulled pork and all that

Wembley is up there. I wanted a normal burger and they give you this monstrosity with a giant pickle plonked on top.
    Fancy garbage?

Poncey Foreign Muck is what my old man calls it - basically anything that wasn't around before 1953. The irony is that he would gladly have a pie and bovril every time he took us down the city in the 70's and 80's (proper man's food in his book)

Hairy ones are best