+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF is going on here?

WTF is going on here?

Glenn Campbell, how many circles in an image and what minor things get on your tits are some of the most popular threads at this forum currently.

This nonsense is occurring while the world might be on the brink of a massive military conflict - perhaps World War 3 - which would likely witness an exchange of thermonuclear weapons. That's absent from all discussions here.

Hasn't anyone paused to give a moment's thought to how it may affect your lives?

Just for starters, nukes flying overhead within the next fortnight would imperil the broadcast of this year's X-Factor series that's scheduled to begin on August 25th.

If the prospect of a delay, or, God forbid, cancellation of a brilliant talent show isn't enough to fill you with dread, then consider the prospect of Sky TV becoming unavailable, or, horror of horrors, the mobile phone network going down and with it being unable to send or receive inane text messages every five minutes.

I broached these topics with a stranger who was also supping ale outside a Wetherspoon this afternoon. The point about mobiles did elicit a small reaction but he soon resumed a gormless expression as he returned to playing with his iPhone.

Our doom-laden conversation was interrupted by an earwigging 30-something bloke who became very emotional about his kids. "Yes," I predicted, "millions of Britons would perish if the country was targeted with weapons of mass destruction and to answer your query, I'm sorry to inform you, should your sprogs be burnt to a crisp by radiation then you would indeed lose the Child Benefit and Child Tax Credits payments for them."

Re: WTF is going on here?

That would make a good film, but it's not real !

IS IT !

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Glenn Campbell, how many circles in an image and what minor things get on your tits are some of the most popular threads at this forum currently.

This nonsense is occurring while the world might be on the brink of a massive military conflict - perhaps World War 3 - which would likely witness an exchange of thermonuclear weapons. That's absent from all discussions here.

Hasn't anyone paused to give a moment's thought to how it may affect your lives?

Just for starters, nukes flying overhead within the next fortnight would imperil the broadcast of this year's X-Factor series that's scheduled to begin on August 25th.

If the prospect of a delay, or, God forbid, cancellation of a brilliant talent show isn't enough to fill you with dread, then consider the prospect of Sky TV becoming unavailable, or, horror of horrors, the mobile phone network going down and with it being unable to send or receive inane text messages every five minutes.

I broached these topics with a stranger who was also supping ale outside a Wetherspoon this afternoon. The point about mobiles did elicit a small reaction but he soon resumed a gormless expression as he returned to playing with his iPhone.

Our doom-laden conversation was interrupted by an earwigging 30-something bloke who became very emotional about his kids. "Yes," I predicted, "millions of Britons would perish if the country was targeted with weapons of mass destruction and to answer your query, I'm sorry to inform you, should your sprogs be burnt to a crisp by radiation then you would indeed lose the Child Benefit and Child Tax Credits payments for them."
    Ahem.... I think you may be looking for the politics forum

I would so hate to be you, you spend your life fretting about things that never seem to happen.

Banned

Ever thought of leaving the bedsit for some fresh air?

I swear I just heard one of those nuclear missiles flying overhead but looked out the back to see it was an easyJet aircraft.

Phew, panic over.

About time they just blow North Korea up

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I swear I just heard one of those nuclear missiles flying overhead but looked out the back to see it was an easyJet aircraft.

Phew, panic over.
    Didn't get a bite on first attempt at 21:38?!
    Damn, best keep trying.

And don't worry, some poster with jellyfish levels of awareness will likely pop along to say that you are hard-done-by and misunderstood sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Didn't get a bite on first attempt at 21:38?!
    Damn, best keep trying.

And don't worry, some poster with jellyfish levels of awareness will likely pop along to say that you are hard-done-by and misunderstood sooner or later.
    Get well soon.

Whilst i believe that this will just blow over in the long run, like cuba etc. We do however, have two despots competing on the world stage to out k unt each other, IMO, each of them stoopid enough to believe that they can press the button and carry on watching dancing on ice whilst it's going off, with my tin foil hat on, it has been prophesized that Thump will be the last president of the U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Get well soon.
    That doesn't make any sense.

Perhaps you have responded to the wrong post.
    All the best in getting it right next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Whilst i believe that this will just blow over in the long run, like cuba etc. We do however, have two despots competing on the world stage to out k unt each other, IMO, each of them stoopid enough to believe that they can press the button and carry on watching dancing on ice whilst it's going off, with my tin foil hat on, it has been prophesized that Thump will be the last president of the U.S.A.
    I hope you're correct.

But Kim will lose face if he doesn't fire missiles at Guam, and so will Trump if he doesn't retaliate - he can't let Kim get away with it, or Kim will do something REALLY nasty.

Watched the news earlier and that Kim Jong Mong bloke called Trump 'bereft of reason'

How much of a fuk up do you have to be for a fat little lunatic with Simon Cowell's hair to be questioning your behaviour?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Watched the news earlier and that Kim Jong Mong bloke called Trump 'bereft of reason'

How much of a fuk up do you have to be for a fat little lunatic with Simon Cowell's hair to be questioning your behaviour?
    Kim's "advisors" have told him that he's a demi-god and way above any American's intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ahem.... I think you may be looking for the politics forum
    You're spot on, or you would have been except for the fact it didn't include any politics. I would categorise it under current affairs.

This thread was inspired by a Jasper Carrott sketch many years ago. He used 'Sun readers' as a euphemism for Britain's dullest people, and said if World War 3 were declared that story would be relegated to page 22 of that newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Kim's "advisors" have told him that he's a demi-god and way above any American's intellect.
    Sounds like him and Trump have got plenty in common then?

They've got a point tbf

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    They've got a point tbf
    I just KNEW somebody would say that!

You're spot on, or you would have been except for the fact it didn't include any politics. I would categorise it under current affairs.

This thread was inspired by a Jasper Carrott sketch many years ago. He used 'Sun readers' as a euphemism for Britain's dullest people, and said if World War 3 were declared that story would be relegated to page 22 of that newspaper.
    Not sure what you expected as replies but to have a go at people's choice of subject and spout about "current affairs" on a FOOTBALL forum, the subsequent 'sun readers' replies were a nap.

I think in general people come on here to escape from the doomsday stuff that is all around us 24/7.

My particular remark was accurate in that the OP should have been categorised under the most suitable headed forum available, i.e. Politics.
    It was also a light hearted, even flippant remark just to expose the irony of its content.

Doesn't the entire British population getting vaporised fall under political discourse? Well I'll be damned ...

I hope you're correct.

But Kim will lose face if he doesn't fire missiles at Guam, and so will Trump if he doesn't retaliate - he can't let Kim get away with it, or Kim will do something REALLY nasty.
    Kim may fire missiles at Guam. Chances are he'll end up bombing himself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    About time they just blow North Korea up
    Noooo, that's what they want you to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Doesn't the entire British population getting vaporised fall under political discourse? Well I'll be damned ...
    i thought Syria was the catalyst, well it was last year

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    i thought Syria was the catalyst, well it was last year
    "War, what is it good for..."?