+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zohore vs Terry

Zohore vs Terry

From a football point of view this will be very interesting tomorrow.
    Terry has unquestionably been an excellent player over the last 10-15 years but he's obviously in decline.

Zohore has been brilliant for us but is still raw in his understanding of the game.

What will come out on top tomorrow, Zohore's pace and power or Terry's experience?

Re: Zohore vs Terry

Don't think it'll be Terry's job to mark Zohore tomorrow, think it'll be Chester or Samba.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Terry has unquestionably been an excellent player over the last 10-15 years but he's obviously in decline.

Zohore has been brilliant for us but is still raw in his understanding of the game.

What will come out on top tomorrow, Zohore's pace and power or Terry's experience?
    Terry has be lucky throughout his Chelsea career to be surrounded by great defenders, I'm not saying he hasn't been a good player himself but with his age and the fact that the Villa defenders aren't nowhere as good as he's been used to playing with. It's going to be a good contest though Terry's experience versus Kenny's pace and power.....bring it on

It will be Chester, but Chester won't handle him on his own and I'm interested to see if Terry allows himself to ever get isolated against Ken

It will be Chester, but Chester won't handle him on his own and I'm interested to see if Terry allows himself to ever get isolated against Ken
    I hope he does

That and seeing Chester and Taylor play at the CCS for the away side are the two big stories going into tomorrow's match.

I hope Zohore gets the best of the duel tomorrow, villa seemed vulnerable to counter-attack last week, but have a feeling that this will be a game he'll learn from rather than dominate.

Hopefully, Mendez-Laing starts on the right hand side tomorrow. If he cuts inside against Taylor and runs against Terry we might have a very interesting afternoon.

He hates facing players who have pace and balance. Neil must have the courage of his convictions and start with Mendez-Laing and Hoikett.

Zohore + Mendez-Laing will be too much for that defence imo. Hoilett is utterly useless tho, he squanders too many good opportunities (something noone was ridiculed for!)

I am really looking forward to seeing how Zohore get's on against Terry & I think that Tomlin will play a big part as something he has shown so far is that he likes to thread clever balls through to create chances for others. Hopefully he can play a few through tomorrow where Ken can get in front of Terry & in on goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I am really looking forward to seeing how Zohore get's on against Terry & I think that Tomlin will play a big part as something he has shown so far is that he likes to thread clever balls through to create chances for others. Hopefully he can play a few through tomorrow where Ken can get in front of Terry & in on goal.
    Could be a great contest,excited already.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Zohore + Mendez-Laing will be too much for that defence imo. Hoilett is utterly useless tho, he squanders too many good opportunities (something noone was ridiculed for!)
    Hoilett doesn`t seem to understand that over the bar (again) is a wasted effort, sort that out and he`s a hell of a player.

When have you seen him do this?

Can definitely see Zohore occupying Chester - if up for it, Terry will have to help out. As someone said, if Mendez-Laing plays and is cutting it, that'll compress Terry and Taylor. Assuming Tomlin plays the no 10 role, he should have a fair amount of space to exploit, dragging their central midfielders back.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    Hoilett doesn`t seem to understand that over the bar (again) is a wasted effort, sort that out and he`s a hell of a player.
    Agreed. Also, i think a carefully placed shot straight at the keeper should NOT count as a shot on target (another favourite of his)

Like you say though. He has everything else it seems...just completely wastes most of the attacks he is involved in

Our Ken gonna rip terry and Chester a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Terry has be lucky throughout his Chelsea career to be surrounded by great defenders, I'm not saying he hasn't been a good player himself but with his age and the fact that the Villa defenders aren't nowhere as good as he's been used to playing with. It's going to be a good contest though Terry's experience versus Kenny's pace and power.....bring it on
    Sorry but that's ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS!!!

Yes, he's in the decline now but to suggest he's been lucky because of great players around him is just absolute nonsense.

JT is a true leader of men, and hes won lesser players medals that they wouldn't dream of winning if they weren't his team mate.

John Terry would put his head where some players wouldn't put their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Yes, he's in the decline now but to suggest he's been lucky because of great players around him is just absolute nonsense.

JT is a true leader of men, and hes won lesser players medals that they wouldn't dream of winning if they weren't his team mate.

Aye, between Wayne Bridges missus legs.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I agree.
    Whatever people think about Terry as a person you cannot knock him as a player.
    To have played as long as he has at the highest level you have to be more than a competent individual who depends on others.
    At times he was inspirational for both club and country and whilst he may not be the most technically gifted of players he was committed and read a game well.
    You ask Chelsea supporters their thoughts on what he contributed and I reckon you would struggle to find many who would not rate him as one of the most influential players of the last 10 years.
    Whilst he benefited from playing alongside some exceptional talent he rarely looked out of place.

Out of his depth at the really top levels (e.g. 2010 World Cup), but effective and a better footballer than he's given credit for when it's slightly below that - cant stand the guy though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Out of his depth at the really top levels (e.g. 2010 World Cup), but effective and a better footballer than he's given credit for when it's slightly below that - cant stand the guy though.
    His performance in the Germany game in 2010 was woeful and illustrated perfectly the lack of intelligence and technique England had in the centre of defence. It was almost comedy although he wasn't alone in providing it.

One memorable comedy moment he is individually responsible for is his penalty in Moscow.

Indeed. He will turn a trick or two before offloading a poor pass, cross or shot. Flatters to deceive.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think that's a little unfair.

I hate him as much as the next person but he's a player that gives 100% and pulled Chelsea out of the **** many a time. Even the best players have bad games.

I think if it becomes an aerial duel or they sit very deep Terry will come out on top but if they play a high line and the ball is on the floor Zohore could have a field day.

Zohore won

Would anyone take Terry over Bamba or Morrison? Based on today, I wouldn't