+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The People vs the Snoopers' Charter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The People vs the Snoopers' Charter

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    I have not given up any freedom. What freedoms are you giving up as a result of this?
    You're giving up the freedom to privacy and it isn't just about this anyway if civil liberties are being eroded so easily who knows what next.

What's to stop anyone who's an annoyance to the government, any opposition or protester having their internet history used to slander them?

I'd never have thought reading 1984 that it was going to be so accurate nor did I think people would be happy to accept it based on fear mongering by the media.

Re: The People vs the Snoopers' Charter

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What's to stop anyone who's an annoyance to the government, any opposition or protester having their internet history used to slander them?.
    People slander the government of the day.

People despise parking fines, speed fines, fines for being on your phone while driving.

Fines for no TV licenses.

A friend of a family member got fined £1000 for having an out of date drivers license.

etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Day to day people hate the law/government. As 90% of the time they only hear from them in a negative situation. Then they're happy to sign over every lasts scrap of information....

For some reason they've got it into their heads the law and government does the right and correct thing for the people.