+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wenger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What team do people think Rambo could go to?

The best team I can think of in the UK is Liverpool or Spurs. I don't think he would start regularly for Man U, City or Chelsea. I really don't think he's as good as many on here think he is. To me, his decision making and ball retention are suspect.
    I understand where you are coming from with your last statement but I am sure much of his loss of form has been down to a) lack of sustained appearances and b) not playing in his preferred position in the centre.

A couple of seasons ago, he was the best midfielder in the country, plenty of assists and scoring at will, top goals too.
    If my memory serves me right, he was then asked to play on the right to accommodate one of the numerous midfielders brought into the squad (still top heavy in that department IMO and little in the way of out and out strikers).
    Perhaps he and his agent could have negotiated better.

The thing with Ramsey is he is not afraid to try things and occasionally those things don't come off and he gets flak.
    Ozil, for example, takes the easy option, passes the buck if you like, unless Arsenal are dominating where he may turn on the style.

I do agree that Ramsey may not be Conte's, Mourinho's or Guardiola's first choice but if he was allowed to be the main man at the "lucky" club, he could well make them wish he was.

Regarding the OP, Wenger did look shell shocked last night.
    It could have been worse too had Bayern not been wasteful* (particularly Lewandowski)
    I said in a thread a week or so ago, he'd be under massive pressure after the Chelsea beating, he seemed to ride that one but might not for much longer after this.

Re: Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I understand where you are coming from with your last statement but I am sure much of his loss of form has been down to a) lack of sustained appearances and b) not playing in his preferred position in the centre.

A couple of seasons ago, he was the best midfielder in the country, plenty of assists and scoring at will, top goals too.
    If my memory serves me right, he was then asked to play on the right to accommodate one of the numerous midfielders brought into the squad (still top heavy in that department IMO and little in the way of out and out strikers).
    Perhaps he and his agent could have negotiated better.

The thing with Ramsey is he is not afraid to try things and occasionally those things don't come off and he gets flak.
    Ozil, for example, takes the easy option, passes the buck if you like, unless Arsenal are dominating where he may turn on the style.

I do agree that Ramsey may not be Conte's, Mourinho's or Guardiola's first choice but if he was allowed to be the main man at the "lucky" club, he could well make them wish he was.

Regarding the OP, Wenger did look shell shocked last night.
    It could have been worse too had Bayern not been wasteful* (particularly Lewandowski)
    I said in a thread a week or so ago, he'd be under massive pressure after the Chelsea beating, he seemed to ride that one but might not for much longer after this.
    Where is he going to be the main man at a club, even at Arsenal where the manager picks him every game he is available he has been pushed out of his favored position by a big name signing. What top club out there are not continuous signing top players.