+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pretty cutting piece on Malky from the Guardian

Re: Pretty cutting piece on Malky from the Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    More his double standards in that he wasn't happy when asked if he'd be happy if his beloved Celtic changed colour.
    You got it

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I was against the red and was definitely reading the same message board.
    No one was moaning about Malky when we beat those 2, that was my point.
    Loads of us boycotted the club and many still won't return

Loads on here voiced their opinion only to be shouted down by the bully boys and also faced abuse at meetings of supporters and organised matches to the ground ......from our own fans ....many of whom pissed off once they couldn't watch premiership football

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Holding the change to red against him
    He said feck all when asked if his big firm side had their colours changed how he would feel

He bottled it

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Let's be honest, everyone knew he was going at that point

I'm not defending his actions regarding the texts ect, but we were pretty solid before our dirty laundry started being washed in a very public and humiliating way, yes he didn't play an expansive brand of football but it was seen as the most efficient way of getting to 40 points and staying up
    Who's the last City manager that did?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He said feck all when asked if his big firm side had their colours changed how he would feel

He bottled it
    Bottled what? It's a stupid question to ask as he's clearly not going to go against his employer even though he didn't agree with it.

Mark Hudson refused to condemn it as well. One of the nicest guys at the club. Is he a bottler as well?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I was against the red and was definitely reading the same message board.
    No one was moaning about Malky when we beat those 2, that was my point.
    You gotta question the sanity of someone who wanted the Cardiff manager removed having taken us to a carling cup final in season 1, promoted as champions in season 2 and not in the relegation zone for 4 months in season 3.

And they say Cardiff fans aren't spoilt

Don't know what's more baffling, that or having a pop at him for not coming out that he sides with the Cardiff fans over the change of colour when it's completely obvious to anyone that every single football person at the club would side with the fans on that issue behind closed doors as they're all footballing people. Asking someone to come out against their employer and say something is just a complete lack of understanding on the issue.

It was well known that players would run through brick walls for Mackay, the atmosphere at the club was toxic, we were the laughing stock of British football who's owner was portrayed as a Bond villain, Mackay had been told to "Resign or be sacked" a bad result was inevitable

We had a better second half of the season which was squandered by attempting a more expansive style, before the shit it the fan we were getting solid, if unspectacular, results

I seem to remember Mackay being roundly praised after signing Caulker and Medel
    Caulker has only had one good season - when alongside Williams at Swansea. Christ, when Liverpool bizarrely loaned him as defensive cover, he spent more time coming off the bench playing up front than he did at the back! For £8m it was a silly signing, especially making him captain. Medel was billed as being a midfield dog. Some neat stuff at times but disappeared the second half of the season, no doubt saving himself for Chile - he's now playing in Turkey.

I'd have preferred us to have addressed the issues we had - ie get a pacy winger or two. The best player we had in the squad at the start of the season was injury prone Mutch.

Warnock has assembled a more rounded, more flexible squad for a fraction of the money spent by Mackay.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Bottled what? It's a stupid question to ask as he's clearly not going to go against his employer even though he didn't agree with it.

Mark Hudson refused to condemn it as well. One of the nicest guys at the club. Is he a bottler as well?
    I think it was a very important question to ask as the fan base was split down the middle

Mark Hudson is not the manager nor was he ever directly questioned about the change , I can assure you that from the conversations I had with him he was far from happy and understood those fans who were boycotting the club

Malky just brushed the question aside

He did well to get us to the Carling cup final and I was fully behind him when we were in blue but he showed his true colours , if you will pardon the pun , over the shirt change

For me , his yes man attitude to the shirt change to red was what did it for me , he was asked how he would feel if his beloved big firm team were forced to change their shirt colour without any consultation and he just laughed it off
    Yep,that’s when I started to look at him with different eyes .
    Two faced **** .

For me , his yes man attitude to the shirt change to red was what did it for me , he was asked how he would feel if his beloved big firm team were forced to change their shirt colour without any consultation and he just laughed it off
    This for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    best comment I've heard on him.given £25m budget and wastes a good chunk of it on a nobody
    Just because 1 deal didn't work out it doesn't mean he was taking bungs.

And Cornelius wasn't a nobody. He is playing in the champions league now even after a terrible injury, what are we doing?

He was bought for 7m. The amount of hysteria on cardiff forums over the deal was ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Just because 1 deal didn't work out it doesn't mean he was taking bungs.

And Cornelius wasn't a nobody. He is playing in the champions league now even after a terrible injury, what are we doing?

He was bought for 7m. The amount of hysteria on cardiff forums over the deal was ridiculous
    Good grief.

So because Cornelius seems to be playing ok now means he was a great deal at the time?

Cornelius was a nobody really AT THE TIME WE BOUGHT HIM.

Cornelius was handed the number 9 shirt - yes, numbers aren't as relevant as in the past but that was a clear indicator he was bought for the first team.

Mackay bigged him up; only to then claim he was a "project". He knew he'd bought a pup. If it had been a £1m signing then sure, keep him as a project. Billing him as the main man? C'mon, it was a bad buy.

Even now, every game this season for Atalanta he's either been brought off the bench or has been substituted during the game. He's failed to play the full 90 minutes in a single game for them this season.

He's not some prodigy we missed out on. He's somebody bought for a large fee ( not his fault ), who was lauded by the manager ( not his fault ) and turned out to not be good enough ( again, not his fault due to the fee and being bigged up ). He's someone we couldn't afford to carry on a reported 45k a week hoping he'd come good.

Deserves everything he's getting (apart from the job roles ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Caulker has only had one good season - when alongside Williams at Swansea. Christ, when Liverpool bizarrely loaned him as defensive cover, he spent more time coming off the bench playing up front than he did at the back! For £8m it was a silly signing, especially making him captain. Medel was billed as being a midfield dog. Some neat stuff at times but disappeared the second half of the season, no doubt saving himself for Chile - he's now playing in Turkey.

I'd have preferred us to have addressed the issues we had - ie get a pacy winger or two. The best player we had in the squad at the start of the season was injury prone Mutch.

Warnock has assembled a more rounded, more flexible squad for a fraction of the money spent by Mackay.
    At the time Steven Caulker was being touted as a future England captain, people were creaming themselves when he signed. Medel was seen as a fantastic signing, who went on to play for Inter so he must have been half decent (Are you really surprised a defensive midfielder performed worse when we stopped defending?)

We played with hard workers, much like Burnley do now, we never had electric pace and flair but it was seen as the best way of keeping us up and most people would have agreed at the time

At the time Steven Caulker was being touted as a future England captain, people were creaming themselves when he signed. Medel was seen as a fantastic signing, who went on to play for Inter so he must have been half decent (Are you really surprised a defensive midfielder performed worse when we stopped defending?)

We played with hard workers, much like Burnley do now, we never had electric pace and flair but it was seen as the best way of keeping us up and most people would have agreed at the time
    Absolute rubbish

Transfer fees have inflated in the last 4 years yet Burnley have spent nowhere near the 40m Tan gave Malky to spend. Probably the equivalent of 70/80m now.

Hull bought Premiership experience for a fraction of what we spent that summer and stayed up comfortably. Palace too.

The guy is an absolute fraudster. Found wanting at every club he’s been at bar City where he had an open chequebook.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Who's the last City manager that did?
    Seems like, as is often the case on here these days, I was talking to myself.

So. to answer my own question, Dave Jones' teams could be expansive at times, but I think the most enjoyable attacking football I've seen from a City team since 2000 came from Lennie Lawrence's 2003/04 team when they were on song.

There's some bull in this thread and people with convenient and selective memories.

The guy that signed off on the money was employed specifically to do the checks and balances & due diligence and his experience working in hotels was great really pertinent. No written out of history ...

Malky is the best we have ever had. Loyal to his players and too good for our owner. If malky dud anything wrong he apologised. He has never been officially charged with anything to date. and finally the comments Malky made anout VT pale into insignificance compared to the bile and disgusting chanting aimed at VT that went on in the stands every week during the rebrand debacle period

Loyal to his players? Bombed Conway out to Blackburn, yet had to use him end of season. Bombed Gestede out to Blackburn too, loan with perm deal set.

If your defence of his racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-semitic comments was that our fans are similar... eh...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems like, as is often the case on here these days, I was talking to myself.

So. to answer my own question, Dave Jones' teams could be expansive at times, but I think the most enjoyable attacking football I've seen from a City team since 2000 came from Lennie Lawrence's 2003/04 team when they were on song.
    if You’re talking on song Jones pisses all over Lawrence I’m afraid.

Lawrence was very conservative

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Malky is the best we have ever had. Loyal to his players and too good for our owner. If malky dud anything wrong he apologised. He has never been officially charged with anything to date. and finally the comments Malky made anout VT pale into insignificance compared to the bile and disgusting chanting aimed at VT that went on in the stands every week during the rebrand debacle period
    What chants?

Half the fanbase just rolled over and let it happen

Tan walked all over what was supposed to be a passionate supported club

He's made good now so it's a clean slate as far as I am concerned

Apart from the daft little dragon on the badge