+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cornelius.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cornelius.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    His career before and since suggests that there was a lot more to him than we ever saw. The management have to take some blame for not getting the best out of him.
    We didn't play to his strengths at all. And by the time he was back from his ankle injury we were pretty dysfunctional as a team.
    He's proved he's not a top level striker. He flopped at Atalanta, and he's not scored for Bordeaux. According to Bellamy, he had a bad attitude and there's a reason he came to us and not a bigger club, something Fulham are finding our now about their "star signings". I've also heard stories about him being a figure of ridicule amongst the kids, which is why Mackay changed his tact about him being "one for the future". Good luck to him but we certainly haven't missed him. His "header" against Man City is still the worst/best thing I've ever seen for City.

Still, he's ahead of Zohore in the Denmark striker rankings, which says a lot more about Ken's form than it does about Cornelius.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's proved he's not a top level striker. He flopped at Atalanta, and he's not scored for Bordeaux. According to Bellamy, he had a bad attitude and there's a reason he came to us and not a bigger club, something Fulham are finding our now about their "star signings". I've also heard stories about him being a figure of ridicule amongst the kids, which is why Mackay changed his tact about him being "one for the future". Good luck to him but we certainly haven't missed him. His "header" against Man City is still the worst/best thing I've ever seen for City.

Still, he's ahead of Zohore in the Denmark striker rankings, which says a lot more about Ken's form than it does about Cornelius.
    He's scored twice for Bordeaux, and last season scored 6 times from 13x 90 minutes for Atalanta.
    I'm not saying he's a world beater but he's better than we saw

He's scored twice for Bordeaux, and last season scored 6 times from 13x 90 minutes for Atalanta.
    He got 3 league goals last season. I was looking at some out of date figures but he's scored 1 goal in nearly 400 league minutes this season.

Clearly he is better than what we saw, he didn't look like he should be getting paid to play! He's certainly not one that got away either.

So you’re counting the goals he got as a sub, but not his substitute appearances

Nice manipulation of stats.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So you’re counting the goals he got as a sub, but not his substitute appearances

Nice manipulation of stats.
    No, I am counting his substitute appearances.

If you add up all of the minutes he played last season and divide it by 90 it comes to just over 13. So he played the equivalent of 13 full games.

It is the only sensible way to look at that kind of data for players who are on the bench a lot.

No, I am counting his substitute appearances.

If you add up all of the minutes he played last season and divide it by 90 it comes to just over 13. So he played the equivalent of 13 full games.

It is the only sensible way to look at that kind of data for players who are on the bench a lot.
    In 924 minutes, he scored 3 Serie A goals. That's 308 minutes per goal, or a goal every 3.5 games. League goals are the best judge of players, certainly not Europa League games vs Everton's reserves who are already out of the competition by the time you come on.

In 924 minutes, he scored 3 Serie A goals. That's 308 minutes per goal, or a goal every 3.5 games. League goals are the best judge of players, certainly not Europa League games vs Everton's reserves who are already out of the competition by the time you come on.
    That's still not too shabby

He's proved he's not a top level striker. He flopped at Atalanta, and he's not scored for Bordeaux.
    He's scored once, a couple of weeks ago against Lyon.