+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kevin Ratcliffe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Kevin Ratcliffe

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm obviously in the minority but I think he's the most knowledgeable of BBC Wales' pundits. He's a centre back by trade and his comments slammed Bielsa's changing of central defenders, giving reasons why. He, and other pundits, are not there to praise up our players but to provide a feasible analysis. His experience as a defender is far greater than any of us fans.
    Maybe so, but the game has changed a lot since he played. Its like Souness on Sky, fantastic player but its like hes talking about a different sport sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Maybe so, but the game has changed a lot since he played. Its like Souness on Sky, fantastic player but its like hes talking about a different sport sometimes.
    Listening to Souness,s audiobook at the moment . He doesnt seem to think modern footballers would have laced the boots of the Liverpool teams he was in.
    Just in case you arent sure he says it in practically every page .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Listening to Souness,s audiobook at the moment . He doesnt seem to think modern footballers would have laced the boots of the Liverpool teams he was in.
    Just in case you arent sure he says it in practically every page .
    I dont think they would have liked some of his challenges

I remember he nearly decapitated an Aberdeen player and then complained that he had been fouled

Terrific player though. Had the lot.