+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales v Denmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wales v Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think the tactics were meant to be shock and awe, as we had to win. A draw wouldn't have been good enough.
    To play you need to control the midfield, there's no point playing with 2 (1 really, Ramsey can't play deep) in the middle and 4/5 attackers. They were pushed up against the Danish defence with nobody linking the attack and defence. Allen needed Smith/Ampadu alongside him to screen the back four so Allen could link the defence and attack with Ramsey further forward to do some damage, that was obvious from the first ten minutes

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    To play you need to control the midfield, there's no point playing with 2 (1 really, Ramsey can't play deep) in the middle and 4/5 attackers. They were pushed up against the Danish defence with nobody linking the attack and defence. Allen needed Smith/Ampadu alongside him to screen the back four so Allen could link the defence and attack with Ramsey further forward to do some damage, that was obvious from the first ten minutes
    That was the lineup I suggested before the match

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That was the lineup I suggested before the match
    Its the one everyone but Giggs seemed to want, problem is he picks it

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It’s so obvious, why couldn’t Giggs see this? I’m still fecked off about his schoolboy tactics. He’s so caught up with this Man U attack attack philosophy and doesn’t realise that Ferguson actually did things with a bit of nouse that I’m convinced that he should be held largely responsible for the loss.

Even if the world’s best 11 are managed by a novice they could lose against to inferior opposition. Formation and tactics are huge and whilst some might say this is a learning curve for the players, I think it’s just proof that Giggs is not a very intelligent manager. Just cause he was a decent player and has got a job-for-the-boys job, he is still a total novice and is yet to prove himself. I suspect he’ll be found out. Can anyone see him going on to have a job in the PL after leaving Wales ? I can’t.

If we are going to give jobs to people with no experience, I’d prefer someone like Bellamy got the job over Giggs. At least he’s got a bit of personality, and in my opinion, talks a better game.

Also, a draw is potentially good enough. A loss is definitely not. Let’s talk a bit of sense.