+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Forever tired , I think it's down to my diet.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Forever tired , I think it's down to my diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sounds like you're a bit down mate if you don't mind me saying. First of all, congratulate yourself on the fact that you want to make some changes. That's positive and a move in the right direction. Secondly, make the changes slowly, start by being healthy for one day a week or just two half days and build it up in your own time. If you were training to do a marathon (and you are training your mind and your body) you wouldn't go out and run 15 miles at the first attempt, you'd slowly build up to it, 1 mile at a time, gaining confidence, self belief and starting to feel better. Thirdly-If you fail along the way don't dwell on it, concentrate on all of the good that you've done. Everyone makes mistakes or ****s up, thats just part of the process. Be kind to yourself, don't dwell on the things that make you feel shit, if you have a pizza now and again then so what.
    Cheers! I don't really beat myself up as such, and I don't think a full on diet would suit me so I agree a less strict plan would suit me, but it is slightly annoying when you think you have the answer but lack the motivation to begin! I'd just like to get into it enough to gradually make other changes and start to exercise, I can remember how much better I felt before, so I want that again, but not enough apparently as I can't seem to motivate myself out of neutral and actually moving!!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Cheers! I don't really beat myself up as such, and I don't think a full on diet would suit me so I agree a less strict plan would suit me, but it is slightly annoying when you think you have the answer but lack the motivation to begin! I'd just like to get into it enough to gradually make other changes and start to exercise, I can remember how much better I felt before, so I want that again, but not enough apparently as I can't seem to motivate myself out of neutral and actually moving!!
    I hear you. Just go for a brisk walk for 20 minutes, you'll fell so much better when you get back home. I wouldn't worry about the diet just yet, start moving about a bit to get the old endorphins going, when you start to feel better then address the food, it takes as long as it takes, good luck

I have been in very similar situations,

I notice how you say you need to sort diet before exercise, but for me it works best the other way around, if I exercise I find myself wanting to eat less crap.

also overload food in the morning, I never used to eat breakfast, then would have massive takeaways late at night, now I force myself to eat 3 weetabix, a bowl of porridge and a banana in the morning. I have to literally leave it all out on the table the night before or otherwise I will be lazy and try to ovoid it.

It takes that edge of hungriness away from making bad decisions later in the day.

buy big bottles of water and keep one in your room, one in your car and one in your work place, I love how everyone knows how important water is but still never drink enough.

finally for tea, I have started just eating a steak on its own.

its the bread and potatoes and pasta which **** people up, since i have all my heavy food at breakfast, I then have a 400 calorie Huel meal replacement shake at lunch.

then about 5-6ish i have a big rump steak ( grass fed) (natural fats) stick it in the pan for a few minutes well seasoned and thats that.

As i love steak and meat, eating it clean on its own is a good way to reward myself without eating shit.

If I have played football been to the gym and feeling I need more calories I will make up an extra meal replacements shake normally half (200 cal)