+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What it is about crucial home games for Wales?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What it is about crucial home games for Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Yeah Romania was awful, there had been a fair bit of hype but they were a good side.
    We had some world class players in Southall, Giggs, Rush, Speed and Hughes. Arguably it was the best Wales team many of us had seen and with a lot of the players nearing the end of their careers it felt like our chance had come and gone.
    Tonight is gutting but there is hope for the future.
    Also let’s not forget tonight was just for a play off, not to actually make the finals.

Plus getting the major finals monkey off our back last summer makes this one a little easier to take.

We did well to take it to the last game because we looked out of it at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Also let’s not forget tonight was just for a play off, not to actually make the finals.

Plus getting the major finals monkey off our back last summer makes this one a little easier to take.

We did well to take it to the last game because we looked out of it at one point.
    True. But we should’ve walked that group tbf. Not enough depth in the squad. No Bale, Rambo not performing to his best and Allen taken out effectively stopped us.
    I will never forget HRK’s and Voke’s goals in the euros, but that was then, they just aren’t good enough at this level imho but they’re the best we’ve got.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    True. But we should’ve walked that group tbf. Not enough depth in the squad. No Bale, Rambo not performing to his best and Allen taken out effectively stopped us.
    I will never forget HRK’s and Voke’s goals in the euros, but that was then, they just aren’t good enough at this level imho but they’re the best we’ve got.
    There has been talk we had a hangover after the Euros. Did Iceland have a hangover too? I don’t think so. For a top seed to draw st home to the sixth seeds isn’t good enough. Why persist in playing Andy King when he isn’t good enough?
    It is another failed campaign to add to a very long list. We have never properly qualified for the World Cup Finals.
    Dear God supporting Reading and Wales I should be used to failure on every single occasion it really matters. Sick of it.