+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sol Bamba named in the PFA Championship team of the year

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sol Bamba named in the PFA Championship team of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Traore has scored 5 goals for Boro. He looks really good but the truth is, he's not very effective. Jota or Sessegnon deserve to be in there ahead of him. Who knows though, it seems to have finally clicked for Traore under Pulis so he might kick on next season.
    5 goals and 8 assists and he's only played the equivalent of half the season, less than 2000 minutes of playing time.
    Agree that Jota or sessegnon do deserve it more this time, but I would love to see traore in this Cardiff side.
    Because we aren't reliant on keeping possession players like that get more license to run at teams and beat their man.

http://www.optasportspro.com/about/o.../mbuBlogsyPost

Here's a new metric for evaluating who the best players are in one on ones, it's a little confusing as defenders are lumped in together with attackers, that makes sense to me for arial duels but not so much for ground ones, adama traore is again very near the top. Only Eden hazard better from an attacking point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    5 goals and 8 assists and he's only played the equivalent of half the season, less than 2000 minutes of playing time.
    Agree that Jota or sessegnon do deserve it more this time, but I would love to see traore in this Cardiff side.
    Because we aren't reliant on keeping possession players like that get more license to run at teams and beat their man.

http://www.optasportspro.com/about/o.../mbuBlogsyPost

Here's a new metric for evaluating who the best players are in one on ones, it's a little confusing as defenders are lumped in together with attackers, that makes sense to me for arial duels but not so much for ground ones, adama traore is again very near the top. Only Eden hazard better from an attacking point of view.
    He's made 31 appearances this season, and 78 in this country scoring 6 goals. While I think he's certainly exciting I'm not sure if he makes the right decisions enough, whereas players like Hoilett do. He's ridiculously talented and maybe's the penny's finally dropped but he's still extremely raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's made 31 appearances this season, and 78 in this country scoring 6 goals. While I think he's certainly exciting I'm not sure if he makes the right decisions enough, whereas players like Hoilett do. He's ridiculously talented and maybe's the penny's finally dropped but he's still extremely raw.
    Lots of those appearances were as sub, in terms of minutes he's played the equivalent of about 20 games. agree that he hadn't always made the right decision, but has looked twice the player since pulis took over there.
    The rest of the time he was playing in a side that weren't much good at all.

He's still young enough to improve his decision making, only 22 I think, and he certainly has the natural talent to make it.

deserves it

our player of the season for me too

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    deserves it

our player of the season for me too
    Hoilet for me, who can't have been far away from this side in a position with a lot of strength.
    Could end up with 10+ goals and assists which is quite rare.