+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: WEST HAM UNITED 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: WEST HAM UNITED 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Our heads go whenever we concede a goal. It happened on Friday but Wolves didn't capitalise.
    Huh? We've got 11 points and yet have only scored first once this season. Against Chelsea. I think you couldn't be more wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    The same Derby points total that we equalled with our win against Wolves? You don't think we're going to score a single point more for the entire season?
    Yeah I know, my point being playing like that seems like we'll lose every game. Not that we will play like that every game

Our heads go whenever we concede a goal.
    Except for the 3 wins when we've come from behind.

It is strange Neil won't at least go for it to any capacity away from home. For that reason, I'm going to read absolutely nothing into this game other than Ralls continued to look poor and that we do need a right back, but I still wouldn't drop Bruno for what we have. Southampton is now probably our biggest game of the season with the games coming up after it. I want to say we'll win, but winning three in a row at home would be so impressive, I just don't think we will. (Even though I've predicted us to win )

14 points at the turn of the season would usually spell doom, but this season, it might be enough to keep us looking alright.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Another one who has struggled to make the step up.
    He wasn’t very good in the Championship until Warnock was appointed either.
    He's lacking in the mental department compared to Manga and Bamba, he can read a player running with the ball but not passes, and his clearance find the opposition more than their own passes do. Manga and Bamba in the middle and a new RB for me

Positives? Huddersfield lost and....we scored at the end to help our goal difference a bit. Any others? I don't think so.

Move on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Huh? We've got 11 points and yet have only scored first once this season. Against Chelsea. I think you couldn't be more wrong.
    We were all over the place for 5-10 minutes after we conceded against Wolves and were fortunate that they didn't score again in that period. Warnock said as much after the match.

We were all over the place for 5-10 minutes after we conceded against Wolves and were fortunate that they didn't score again in that period. Warnock said as much after the match.
    Yes. Traore's awful touch probably cost them a second.

There's no doubts that we're living on fine margins and great spirit. We look slower than most teams we've played so far and, surprisingly, have been outmuscled more often than I thought would happen. Some teams look considerably bigger and more imposing physically than we do. That's fine. We're in the business of building on promotion and hoping to stay up.

First Team

We were outplayed for the vast majority of that game by a side that are hardly world beaters. At times we were horribly disorganised at the back and showed very little up front. To cap a miserable evening I left just before we scored .

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Positives? Huddersfield lost and....we scored at the end to help our goal difference a bit. Any others? I don't think so.

Move on time.
    Palace lost too!

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    We were outplayed for the vast majority of that game by a side that are hardly world beaters. At times we were horribly disorganised at the back and showed very little up front. To cap a miserable evening I left just before we scored .
    My guess is that the 4 forwards they used (Perez, Arnautovic, Hernandez and Carroll) earn more than our matchday squad.

I know they aren't as good as they should be but West Ham have serious resources and we will often find it hard to compete away against these squads.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Is Morrison really captain material? I tend to see Bamba and Gunnar barking orders at the other players and Morrison quite resevered, pace is a killer in this league for him and I agree with ccfc27 that we need a right back and play sol and Bruno or stick with 3 at the back

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    Yeah I know, my point being playing like that seems like we'll lose every game. Not that we will play like that every game
    We were well in it and had chances to take the lead, including a penalty

The overreaction online to a defeat is getting silly

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Is Morrison really captain material? I tend to see Bamba and Gunnar barking orders at the other players and Morrison quite resevered, pace is a killer in this league for him and I agree with ccfc27 that we need a right back and play sol and Bruno or stick with 3 at the back
    Bamba, captain material? Really

Morrison is a calm head, imagine Bamba being the player referees consult

Morrison bailed us out a few times tonight and he was superb on Friday. He’s a good captain, Warnock goes out of his way to say it. We desperately need a right back, defensive mid and a striker. We are a lot slower than practically every side, mentally and physically and this is exaggerated away from home. We just look half a yard off the pace usually. Tonight we didn’t turn up in the second half, Camarasa’s miss apart

Morrison has been a lot better the last two games.

I don’t agree that these were there for the taking. Although until their goal, I thought we were gonna nick a draw at least. Felipe Anderson is ****ing quality. They have 4 strikers better than anything we have. Declan rice impressed me. They have quality all over the pitch. We shouldn’t be beating these away. Might be a different story at home though.

Re: WEST HAM UNITED v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

This was an excellent opportunity to pick up some points away, West Ham were awful
    They were better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Another one who has struggled to make the step up.
    He wasn’t very good in the Championship until Warnock was appointed either.
    Stupid comparison.
    Neither was Bamba, or Hoilett, or Etheridge etc

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Morrison has been a lot better the last two games.

I don’t agree that these were there for the taking. Although until their goal, I thought we were gonna nick a draw at least. Felipe Anderson is ****ing quality. They have 4 strikers better than anything we have. Declan rice impressed me. They have quality all over the pitch. We shouldn’t be beating these away. Might be a different story at home though.
    Have to agree with this

It’s a case of we made a mistake on a penalty and a goal and our heads dropped. That’s it.

If scored that pen it would have been a totally different game

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Have to agree with this

It’s a case of we made a mistake on a penalty and a goal and our heads dropped. That’s it.

If scored that pen it would have been a totally different game
    Although we do need to start nicking points here and there on the road, it's the home form that will keep us up. Huge game Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Although we do need to start nicking points here and there on the road, it's the home form that will keep us up. Huge game Saturday.
    I don’t see us picking up 35+ points at home though, not sure why Neil is going super negative away from home we’re going to have to give it a go away at some point

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Stupid comparison.
    Neither was Bamba, or Hoilett, or Etheridge etc
    So you were happy with Morrison under OGS, Slade and Trollope?