+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump, President of the United States of America

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump, President of the United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Just wants the truth what else is there to say

Re: The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump, President of the United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just wants the truth what else is there to say
    Hill was asked directly about her work with Steele. She portrayed it as a product of circumstance, and said that she believed he was being fed misinformation by Russians, perhaps as payback for his past spying on them. (Some of the information also came from Ukraine, though Hill dismissed Ukrainian interference as a “fictional narrative.”)

“He was my counterpart when I was the director, the national intelligence officer,” she testified. She added: “So inevitably, when I had to do liaison meetings with the U.K., he was the person I had to meet with.” She said that she had worked with him from 2006 to 2009 — and added that he had reached out to her in 2016, during the election: “That was prior to the time that I had any knowledge about the dossier. He was constantly trying to drum up business, and he had contacted me because he wanted to see if I could give him a contact to some other individual, who actually I don’t even recall now, who he could approach about some business issues.”