+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales vs Uruguay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wales vs Uruguay

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's made 2 caps, one of them was a sub. Let's not get too carried away.
    We look a different team with him, and a different team without him. We don't have any similar players to him, so what I am saying is we miss the role that he played in front of the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We look a different team with him, and a different team without him.
    Stick to politics Boris

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Stick to politics Boris
    See if you can spot the difference the next time he plays.

We look a different team with him, and a different team without him. We don't have any similar players to him, so what I am saying is we miss the role that he played in front of the defence.
    He's played 2 games, one of which was a sub, the other was against Panama. We miss Ledley and Ramsey, not Ampadu.

He's played 2 games, one of which was a sub, the other was against Panama. We miss Ledley and Ramsey, not Ampadu.
    Ledley hasn't got Ampadu's distribution or reading of the game.

Ledley hasn't got Ampadu's distribution or reading of the game.
    Again, Ampadu has played two games. Let's not get carried away.

Again, Ampadu has played two games. Let's not get carried away.
    I'm not getting carried away, I have observed Ampadu playing for Exeter, Chelsea and Wales. The lad has a big future ahead of him, the way he reads the game and plays out of defence is not something you see every day, especially in one so young.

I'm not getting carried away, I have observed Ampadu playing for Exeter, Chelsea and Wales. The lad has a big future ahead of him, the way he reads the game and plays out of defence is not something you see every day, especially in one so young.
    Did you go to all these Exeter games when he played then? He wasn't on TV. He's played a handful of games for Cheslea, and he's played in midfield. Ledley only has 76 caps in his position so he's pretty much a novice. You can't judge Ampadu yet, and it's unfair to put so much pressure on a young lad's shoulders. Regardless of what you say, his positional play will need work, and he's still not a centre back or a centre mid, so he'll need to decide at some point and carve out a niche.

Did you go to all these Exeter games when he played then? He wasn't on TV. He's played a handful of games for Cheslea, and he's played in midfield. Ledley only has 76 caps in his position so he's pretty much a novice. You can't judge Ampadu yet, and it's unfair to put so much pressure on a young lad's shoulders. Regardless of what you say, his positional play will need work, and he's still not a centre back or a centre mid, so he'll need to decide at some point and carve out a niche.
    Why can't you judge him? He is a permanent member of Chelsea's first team squad, so he's obviously good enough.

Don't think we've missed Ledley he slows the game down, we've looked better getting the ball forward quicker.

Uruguay have parked the bus & there's snippers in the stands!