Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
Unique liberties and wealth? I'll look that one up.
If you lived in some other places in this world you wouldn't scoff at that rermark.

My wife is from outside UK ans the first time she came to London she said to me "I can't understand it!" I asked her what she was ralking about and she said, "They are all so free. I can't understand how people can be this free"
I told her I didn't know what she meant and she said, "Just look at everybody, they are so free!" She could see it, the only reason we can't is because we take it for granted. When I took her to see the houses of parliament she was almost in tears looking at Big Ben. She told me that for everyone she knows that, above everything else, is the symbol of freedom. She told me that she had looked at thousands of pictures of it, dreamed of seeing it but never really thought she would ever get the chance.
You might think this is the reaction of a third world resident but it's not, and when I related the thing about her seeing people being free to a friend of mine he agreed. He is an Italian, an architect from Sicily working in UK and living in Richmond. He said he totally agreed with her and he couldn't understand what was difficult about it.
I pointed out that he was as free as I am, as he is a citizen of the EU. He laughed at me. he said that I had no idea what I was talking about and that he could never do in Italy the things that we do without thinking. He said if eve there was any brexit problem with foreigners here they would have to take him kicking and screaming back to Italy, because he would never leave UK voluntarily.

So the comment is actually quite valid!!! Be grateful that the Irish can still take advantage of it - - - - for now!!