+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Essential shopping in Wales- advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Essential shopping in Wales- advice

I heard on the radio that the people of Wales have largely ignored the Welsh government's ruling and are now following the English advice.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I heard on the radio that the people of Wales have largely ignored the Welsh government's ruling and are now following the English advice.
    Was that a reporter on the top of Snowdon being outrages that there were people on the top of Snowdon?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    As was always going to be the case, despite claims from some to the contrary. And in reality a good percentage of people are now no longer following either government's advice, or at least not rigorously.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    As was always going to be the case, despite claims from some to the contrary. And in reality a good percentage of people are now no longer following either government's advice, or at least not rigorously.
    I also think that, whichever government announced the least stringent rules would be the one that most followed. If the Welsh Government said that we could all go to the beach, go to the mountains, do what we want whenever we want as long as there's some element of social distancing, while Westminster said there'll be a total lockdown, people in Wales would follow the Welsh Government advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I also think that, whichever government announced the least stringent rules would be the one that most followed. If the Welsh Government said that we could all go to the beach, go to the mountains, do what we want whenever we want as long as there's some element of social distancing, while Westminster said there'll be a total lockdown, people in Wales would follow the Welsh Government advice.
    As I mentioned earlier the various governments have hoodwinked us into getting excited when a group are turned back from Pen-Y-Fan, or similar actions that are not in line with the lockdown.
    At the same time people were dying for the need of a ventilator, doctors dying through lack of PPE. The big damage has been done, not by the public not obeying the rules, but by Governments failing to do their jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You're probably right, but I'm certain that a significant percentage of the population either won't have paid any attention to Drakeford's addresses or even be fully aware of them.

Pretty similar advice though. Boris' rules are easier to follow, in that there doesn't seem to be any rules. He reminds me of an incompetent relief teacher on a Friday afternoon before half term.