+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Record levels of homeless in Tory Britain , 320000

Record levels of homeless in Tory Britain , 320000

Tory scum

Re: Record levels of homeless in Tory Britain , 320000

Someone will be in shortly to try to place the blame on the opposition.

Is there any difference in levels of homelessness between areas where UC has been 'rolled out' and where it is yet to be?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Tory scum
    Seconded

Dreadful news, strangely I had the same thought today , I passed so many Eastern Europeans in town , and then again outside 3 supermarkets in the North Cardiff area , is there a breakdown of Uk born v those who have fallen into the poverty trap since arriving from Eastern Europe ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Dreadful news, strangely I had the same thought today , I passed so many Eastern Europeans in town , and then again outside 3 supermarkets in the North Cardiff area , is there a breakdown of Uk born v those who have fallen into the poverty trap since arriving from Eastern Europe ?
    Thinly veiled, blame those pesky foreigners.

Inward net migration has certainly exacerbated the problem since 1983 and shot up when arch-globalist neocon Tony Blair entered Downing Street. His 10-year long tenure really pushed the Kalergi Plan forward. Chart based on ONS statistics here: https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/sta...ion-statistics

The 320,000 homeless figure comes from Shelter's research who are known for using a very broad measure to reach a total far in excess of any other number crunchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Thinly veiled, blame those pesky foreigners.
    Not my intention at all , I happened to observe the Eastern Europeans in a small area of Cardiif who I observed on the day how many I bumped into on the day , I saw this post wondered of the millions that have entered what pecentage has effected this statistic , its a genuine question .

Equally the pressure on housing would be effected if house building had not kept pace with migration ?

It's not political scoring point it's a question as this change in our society has been overseen by many Goverments.

Not my intention at all , I happened to observe the Eastern Europeans in a small area of Cardiif who I observed on the day how many I bumped into on the day , I saw this post wondered of the millions that have entered what pecentage has effected this statistic , its a genuine question .

Equally the pressure on housing would be effected if house building had not kept pace with migration ?

It's not political scoring point it's a question as this change in our society has been overseen by many Goverments.
    I would imagine migrants represent a significantly higher proportion of those who are homeless than they typically should in percentage terms. What causes people to become homeless? In my opinion two key factors are low income and low/non-existent support network and these are two characteristics that are definitely more likely to apply to migrants.

Homelessness is a massive problem in London, there is no lack of homes/space. I don't think homelessness has a great deal of correlation with a lack of housing. Unfortunately houses are an investment in the UK and people step over homeless people until there is a telethon or something trending on twitter, then we give ourselves a big pat on the back for being thoughtful and generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I would imagine migrants represent a significantly higher proportion of those who are homeless than they typically should in percentage terms. What causes people to become homeless? In my opinion two key factors are low income and low/non-existent support network and these are two characteristics that are definitely more likely to apply to migrants.

Homelessness is a massive problem in London, there is no lack of homes/space. I don't think homelessness has a great deal of correlation with a lack of housing. Unfortunately houses are an investment in the UK and people step over homeless people until there is a telethon or something trending on twitter, then we give ourselves a big pat on the back for being thoughtful and generous.
    London must be a nightmare folk with wages struggle .

I was just struck by the numbers of Eastern Europeans in Cardiff on the streets.

Heisenberg

London must be a nightmare folk with wages struggle .

I was just struck by the numbers of Eastern Europeans in Cardiff on the streets.
    I find that very strange as I've worked with homeless prevention in Cardiff for years, so I pay great attention to the amount of rough sleepers on Cardiff's streets.

I've never noticed an abnormal amount of anyone from a particular geographic location (other than South Wales) on the streets, judging from their accents. Which is the only way that you would have known, if this story is true...

The big question is, why would they live on the streets in Wales, where they would have to remain because there no recourse to social housing for them as they wouldn't have ties to the area and they aren't political refugees... When they could just return home and possibly access social housing or live with family/friends etc? There's no logic in it at all, is there? Especially if there's enough of them on the streets for it to be noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I find that very strange as I've worked with homeless prevention in Cardiff for years, so I pay great attention to the amount of rough sleepers on Cardiff's streets.

I've never noticed an abnormal amount of anyone from a particular geographic location (other than South Wales) on the streets, judging from their accents. Which is the only way that you would have known, if this story is true...

The big question is, why would they live on the streets in Wales, where they would have to remain because there no recourse to social housing for them as they wouldn't have ties to the area and they aren't political refugees... When they could just return home and possibly access social housing or live with family/friends etc? There's no logic in it at all, is there? Especially if there's enough of them on the streets for it to be noticeable.
    I honestly didnt invent them ,I didnt say abnormal amount, i' d say I saw 3 to 4 in the North of Cardiff ,in the town centre there was approx the same maybec a few more . Honest?

That's what had me think , how would then correlate through to the rest of the UK ,and form part of the 320k ?

Found this, perhaps it is part of the statistic

https://www.homeless.org.uk/connect/blogs/2018/jan/10/migrant-homelessness-stark-reality-of-destitution-in-england

Heisenberg

I honestly didnt invent them ,I didnt say abnormal amount, i' d say I saw 3 to 4 in the North of Cardiff ,in the town centre there was approx the same maybec a few more . Honest?

That's what had me think , how would then correlate through to the rest of the UK ,and form part of the 320k ?

Found this, perhaps it is part of the statistic

https://www.homeless.org.uk/connect/...ion-in-england
    I can't see how it would be, since the key findings talk specifically about the plight of non-EEA migrants, which rules out the vast majority of eastern European migrants in the UK - which is what you're talking about here.

Where in "the North of Cardiff" are you witnessing street homelessness, by the way?

I can't see how it would be, since the key findings talk specifically about the plight of non-EEA migrants, which rules out the vast majority of eastern European migrants in the UK - which is what you're talking about here.

Where in "the North of Cardiff" are you witnessing street homelessness, by the way?
    I live in Rhwbina and pass through Heath Whitchurch and Llandaff regularly.

I’m intrigued too where these north Cardiff homeless are as I can’t see any congregating (never mind Eastern European)

The City centre its clear there are lots of homeless if people in shop doorways and the subways are the measure of homeless.

Haven’t heard too many esteem Europeans If I’m honest judging by accents asking for money.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I live in Rhwbina and pass through Heath Whitchurch and Llandaff regularly.

I’m intrigued too where these north Cardiff homeless are as I can’t see any congregating (never mind Eastern European)

The City centre its clear there are lots of homeless if people in shop doorways and the subways are the measure of homeless.

Haven’t heard too many esteem Europeans If I’m honest judging by accents asking for money.
    It's because life on mars is telling porkies, bless him. Not sure why though

He’s got previous, hence my blame the pesky foreigners post.

if your working with homeless I'm shocked you don't come across this issue and perhaosbyours is a false flag .
    There today in northern Cardiff ,Asda , Co Op , Tesco Extra .

if your working with homeless I'm shocked you don't come across this issue and perhaosbyours is a false flag .
    Sounds like they are there every day. Which Asda, Co-op and Tesco Extra in Northern Cardiff exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Sounds like they are there every day. Which Asda, Co-op and Tesco Extra in Northern Cardiff exactly?
    There was none outside Rhwbina co-op earlier
    Some woman moaning about bin Collections to her equally middle class mate but no hordes of Romanians

Heisenberg

Which issue is that? The issue of you apparently going shopping to more than one supermarket in northern Cardiff two days in a row? If you couldn't find what you wanted yesterday in 3 supermarkets, the chances of you finding it today are just as slim.

Not sure what that's got to do with my work with preventing homelessness, but I hope that helps.

Which issue is that? The issue of you apparently going shopping to more than one supermarket in northern Cardiff two days in a row? If you couldn't find what you wanted yesterday in 3 supermarkets, the chances of you finding it today are just as slim.

Not sure what that's got to do with my work with preventing homelessness, but I hope that helps.
    Your the one telling me what I've not seen ,I'm sure your do a fantastic job and it's great you do .

I'm not making this up ,they were seen and it's a known issue in the UK .

Heisenberg

Your the one telling me what I've not seen ,I'm sure your do a fantastic job and it's great you do .

I'm not making this up ,they were seen and it's a known issue in the UK .
    Because I don't believe you. You may as well have told me that you had seen a Yeti.

Which Asda, Tesco and Co-Op in the north of Cardiff (quite wide ranging, really) are these street homeless eastern Europeans converging at, out of curiousity?

Also... "It's a known issue in the UK", that's not "northern Cardiff" is it?

Because I don't believe you. You may as well have told me that you had seen a Yeti.

Which Asda, Tesco and Co-Op in the north of Cardiff (quite wide ranging, really) are these street homeless eastern Europeans converging at, out of curiousity?

Also... "It's a known issue in the UK", that's not "northern Cardiff" is it?
    For a man who is adding a lot of value to society its a strange reply ,thought a compassionate approach was needed in your field of charity , they are defiantly not yeti's though ,lol..

Its the Co Op in Llandaff North and Whitchurch , Asda Coryton , and Tesco Express , opposite Whitchurch library, spoken and given them some money , they tell me they are homeless in a limited European language , I don't think they are in disguise ??

I do a bit of shopping for some of the elderly around by me, as they all have different needs I try and take in the three nearest supermarkets, as it only takes an hour or so to cover them all .

Sorry to have brought this up as its has upset you , I'm sure I'm wrong , and your right as you are in the thick of it , and probably the 320k homeless figure has no relation or even impact to the figure .

I wasn't suggesting it was a problem in Cardiff mealy suggested if there were few about in our small City , perhaps unknown to your charitable work ,they may feel they want to stay close to their own ?? than seek help , if so the 320k within the UK could be impacted upon ( the 320k was the original post ) , does that extra burden then squeeze an already squeezed and under funded and cared for part of our society , who knows .

I do know they were not yeti's , they were cold though ?

Heisenberg

For a man who is adding a lot of value to society its a strange reply ,thought a compassionate approach was needed in your field of charity , they are defiantly not yeti's though ,lol..

Its the Co Op in Llandaff North and Whitchurch , Asda Coryton , and Tesco Express , opposite Whitchurch library, spoken and given them some money , they tell me they are homeless in a limited European language , I don't think they are in disguise ??

I do a bit of shopping for some of the elderly around by me, as they all have different needs I try and take in the three nearest supermarkets, as it only takes an hour or so to cover them all .

Sorry to have brought this up as its has upset you , I'm sure I'm wrong , and your right as you are in the thick of it , and probably the 320k homeless figure has no relation or even impact to the figure .

I wasn't suggesting it was a problem in Cardiff mealy suggested if there were few about in our small City , perhaps unknown to your charitable work ,they may feel they want to stay close to their own ?? than seek help , if so the 320k within the UK could be impacted upon ( the 320k was the original post ) , does that extra burden then squeeze an already squeezed and under funded and cared for part of our society , who knows .

I do know they were not yeti's , they were cold though ?
    It's not a strange reply as I'm simply saying that I don't believe what you're saying, based on knowledge and experience... And I don't need to be compassionate to doubt a stranger who I think is bullshitting on the internet.

You're 100% wrong about people not seeking help and that contributing to the 320k figure. Homeless stats are collated from people seeking help and getting placed on a housing/homeless register and then it being determined as having a housing need (which is where the homeless line is drawn).

If people don't seek help, then they won't show up in any official homelessness data.

It's not a strange reply as I'm simply saying that I don't believe what you're saying, based on knowledge and experience... And I don't need to be compassionate to doubt a stranger who I think is bullshitting on the internet.

You're 100% wrong about people not seeking help and that contributing to the 320k figure. Homeless stats are collated from people seeking help and getting placed on a housing/homeless register and then it being determined as having a housing need (which is where the homeless line is drawn).

If people don't seek help, then they won't show up in any official homelessness data.
    I won't accuse of bullshit ,just simply say your wrong .

Heisenberg

I won't accuse of bullshit ,just simply say your wrong .
    Ok, mate.