+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great 3 Pts, but can they cut out that bloody light show at the end.

Great 3 Pts, but can they cut out that bloody light show at the end.

In a crowd of 30000 I'm guessing there's at least a 100 plus who suffer with photo sensitivity. As much as I wanted to applaud the boys at the end those flashing lights make me feel ill immediately. So please leave the floodlights on and let us all show our appreciation to Neil and the team.

What a fantastic effort the squad are making and I don't think in all the years I've been watching I've ever heard the atmosphere be anywhere near as good so often.

Re: Great 3 Pts, but can they cut out that bloody light show at the end.

All I can say is that personally We love the lights, the kids haven’t stopped talking about it and it really added to their experience today

Absolutely - love watching the team celebrate with the manager at the end with the fans

That light show and loud music is not necessary - its contrived

Also while we're at it - fair play for playing The Buzzcocks at HT but Town Called Malice is now playing every week this season Giggsy - sort it out!!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Absolutely - love watching the team celebrate with the manager at the end with the fans

That light show and loud music is not necessary - its contrived

Also while we're at it - fair play for playing The Buzzcocks at HT but Town Called Malice is now playing every week this season Giggsy - sort it out!!
    As a one off its a really nice spectacle, but as a rule of thumb drowning out supporters celebrating naturally is wrong if it's goal music or end of the game music or anything else. I enjoyed it today but please don't overuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    In a crowd of 30000 I'm guessing there's at least a 100 plus who suffer with photo sensitivity. As much as I wanted to applaud the boys at the end those flashing lights make me feel ill immediately. So please leave the floodlights on and let us all show our appreciation to Neil and the team.

What a fantastic effort the squad are making and I don't think in all the years I've been watching I've ever heard the atmosphere be anywhere near as good so often.
    Not to be a prat, and i can sympathise, if you cut out everything for people with conditions then there would be nothing left. Thought it was alright as a once in a blue moon type of thing.

I like it, although I wish it went along with a more City type of tune. Loved the Zombie Nation light show before the Wales Denmark game too

I enjoyed it, it was a huge win so I don’t see the problem.

once the game is over everybody should be silently filing out, all that raucous noise gives me a headache.

Bloody stupid, let the fans make the noise

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Bloody stupid, let the fans make the noise
    Nail on head!

The Trust have just sent out the following in an e-mail;-

"Post match light displays at CCS

Recent home victories have been celebrated at the end of the game by a light show emanating from the stadium floodlights mounted on the stands.

One of our Trust members raised the issue of the potential impact of the display on him, and others like him, as a light sensitive epilepsy sufferer, so we discussed the matter with the club, whose prompt and helpful reply can be summarised as follows.

When the lighting system was being designed for installation, the club had an expert`s report commissioned to ensure that the lights would not cause such a problem. The report, written by a FIFA,UEFA and Premier League approved expert, concluded that the frequency of the flashing lights being used by the club would not have a stroboscopic effect which might lead to problems with epilepsy.

In addition, as a “failsafe”, the club has positioned warning notices at turnstiles and in concourses stating that flashing images and lights might be used in the stadium.

We have asked the club to also ensure that prominent messages are also relayed via the stadium big screens by way of similar notification."

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Recent home victories have been celebrated at the end of the game by a light show emanating from the stadium floodlights mounted on the stands.

One of our Trust members raised the issue of the potential impact of the display on him, and others like him, as a light sensitive epilepsy sufferer, so we discussed the matter with the club, whose prompt and helpful reply can be summarised as follows.

When the lighting system was being designed for installation, the club had an expert`s report commissioned to ensure that the lights would not cause such a problem. The report, written by a FIFA,UEFA and Premier League approved expert, concluded that the frequency of the flashing lights being used by the club would not have a stroboscopic effect which might lead to problems with epilepsy.

In addition, as a “failsafe”, the club has positioned warning notices at turnstiles and in concourses stating that flashing images and lights might be used in the stadium.

We have asked the club to also ensure that prominent messages are also relayed via the stadium big screens by way of similar notification."
    Someone in The Trust raises a concern and is, as a secondary point, shut down with this? To me, this is an example of a business ensuring that they are covered in case it ever was taken to court but shows a lack of care towards customer base. It's a bit sad that the leagalise needs to be broken out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Not being funny, if we're now getting rid of things like that at a major social event because an extreme minority suffer from epilepsy, well then we may as well do away with spectator events and have everything on TV. Obviously annoying if you do suffer, but lets be honest, what percentage of 30 odd thousand will actually ? I imagine the majority actually enjoyed it. Even if some 40+ moaned on here.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Someone in The Trust raises a concern and is, as a secondary point, shut down with this? To me, this is an example of a business ensuring that they are covered in case it ever was taken to court but shows a lack of care towards customer base. It's a bit sad that the leagalise needs to be broken out.
    It does sound cynical, but if they've also had someone in who knows about this stuff then I don't think it's a lack of care?

Photosensitive epilepsy is only triggered by lights within a certain frequency range afaik, so presumably they're avoiding that and the signs are just being overcareful legally.

Light show sounds cringey af though.

Quote Originally Posted by richard. View Post
    It does sound cynical, but if they've also had someone in who knows about this stuff then I don't think it's a lack of care?

Photosensitive epilepsy is only triggered by lights within a certain frequency range afaik, so presumably they're avoiding that and the signs are just being overcareful legally.

Light show sounds cringey af though.
    It has seemed a bit strange but I think the club should be commended on this for actually trying something now if they could get a couple of pr experts in that will help greatly

I love watching the bluebirds they are my team. But when I saw this response last week ( as it was me who made the original enquiry to the Trust) then it only goes to show that they are just another company who don't give a flying f.ck about their client base. They suggest that they took expert advice when the lights were installed 9 years ago as to their suitability and the experts said they were fine. I'll guarantee that what was checked was the general lighting. I very much doubt that they checked 9 years ago the light sequences that have only been introduced in the last month. And then having said that there isn't a problem do advise that warnings about the lights are printed above the turnstiles. So are the lights suitable or not?

I understand those people who say we can't ban everything, for fear upsetting a minority of which I'm one. But I've watched my team for 48 years before the introduction of the light show. If they had always been an integral part of the match day experience, then yes I would understand that. I avoid concerts with strobe lighting etc as that is an integral part of a concert, and that's just tough luck on me. But a light show has never been part of a football match, so I feel I have the right to complain about their introduction and the impact they have on both me and many other Cardiff City fans. And the response from the club I'm afraid is just corporate bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I love watching the bluebirds they are my team. But when I saw this response last week ( as it was me who made the original enquiry to the Trust) then it only goes to show that they are just another company who don't give a flying f.ck about their client base. They suggest that they took expert advice when the lights were installed 9 years ago as to their suitability and the experts said they were fine. I'll guarantee that what was checked was the general lighting. I very much doubt that they checked 9 years ago the light sequences that have only been introduced in the last month. And then having said that there isn't a problem do advise that warnings about the lights are printed above the turnstiles. So are the lights suitable or not?

I understand those people who say we can't ban everything, for fear upsetting a minority of which I'm one. But I've watched my team for 48 years before the introduction of the light show. If they had always been an integral part of the match day experience, then yes I would understand that. I avoid concerts with strobe lighting etc as that is an integral part of a concert, and that's just tough luck on me. But a light show has never been part of a football match, so I feel I have the right to complain about their introduction and the impact they have on both me and many other Cardiff City fans. And the response from the club I'm afraid is just corporate bullshit.
    The lights were installed last summer not 9 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The lights were installed last summer not 9 years ago.
    I'll dig out the response I had tomorrow ,as it's on my work email, but in it I'm sure they refer to the experts assessment when the lighting was installed when the ground was built.

Not sure we can say they haven't checked it, it's first appearance as far as I am aware was with Wales Denmark and this was hinted at beforehand so definitely planned whereas you might say post-southampton wasn't, but I understand you feeling brushed off by their statement.

Can anyone say they have read the back of their ticket? Or any of the signs as they enter the ground? It might be our responsibility if we did take it to court but you can stop me from taking it to court (9/10) by offering me a free shirt or a tour of the ground. You don't have to launch into legalise when people are posting in another thread that they have spend 30k on this club over 50 years as a long term fan. Of course, my view is naive as it doesn't necessarily reflect modern society but it doesn't make it less sad.

There we go. I enjoyed it at the time and hope to see it again.