Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
I still think Warnock ruined Murphy though
It's still very early in Murphy's resurgence but it's fair to say that he's looking more confident and that his self belief is creeping back. The problem with Warnocks tactics was that he isolated our wide players, he expected them to do all of the work without an ounce of support, he just wanted them to run at defenders in the hope that they'd get something, a throw in, corner, free kick, anything that represented a break in play and the opportunity to throw the ball into the box.

Harris has changed that massively. Our wide players are a little narrower under him which allows them the ability to link play, essentially starting and ending passages of play. We're also seeing them afforded the luxury of being able to put their foot on the ball and start again because they are getting that bit of support from Tomlin who is the pivot for most of our attacking play, under Warnock that didn't exist. Adomah has shown the ability to check back and lift his head up and start a new phase of play because he has that support around him. Fullbacks are getting forward as well so on occasions the wide players have to sit in. I'm encouraged by it, it's much better and there's a method and intelligence that didn't exist under Warnock. Our wide men have become midfielders when we're defending and attackers when we're in the ascendancy, they're much more involved and i think what we will see is that there's alot more to their game under Harris.