+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Football v Rugby

Football v Rugby

We always get nonsense posted on here by the egg haters, about pissed up rugby fans, and going to support Wales at principality stadium is just an excuse for a piss up etc etc. I can’t remember any instances of pissed up bonehead rugby fans running on to the pitch to attack players.
    Plenty of instances and footage of it at the football though. Wonder why?

Re: Football v Rugby

now you've done it, there'll be a certain poster on here with lots of links to how much worse rugby fans are

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    now you've done it, there'll be a certain poster on here with lots of links to how much worse rugby fans are
    I’ll be surprised if old Organ can find any footage. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    We always get nonsense posted on here by the egg haters, about pissed up rugby fans, and going to support Wales at principality stadium is just an excuse for a piss up etc etc. I can’t remember any instances of pissed up bonehead rugby fans running on to the pitch to attack players.
    Erica Rowe caused a few heart flutters if I remember rightly back in about 1980.
    She could have done some serious damage with her "weapons"

Seriously though, if a fan wants to get in the papers or go viral on t'internet, why not invade the pitch "tackle out" so to speak?

No porridge and a slap on the backside.

#bringbackstreaking

I am aware of rail staff being beaten up, and badly treated on Rugby days if that helps .

Trouble is SKY won't see that as an matter of interest .

The endless pull on our taxes to police these events would probaly buy us some nurses.

10 stone Grealish. Got attacked by p!ssed up coward.

Cant think why an 18 stone rugby player doesnt.

I ll have a think about that one.😂

Because they’re to busy going back and forth to the bar to get pissed, to worry about running on the pitch

Google shows a few pitch invasions by rugby fans, one starting invading in the 20th minute, fat f*cker got over the advertising hoardings by the final whistle, fair play!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    10 stone Grealish. Got attacked by p!ssed up coward.

Cant think why an 18 stone rugby player doesnt.

I ll have a think about that one.��
    it's a fair point

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Because they’re to busy going back and forth to the bar to get pissed, to worry about running on the pitch
    Have you ever seen a city game sober? 😂

R
    Have you ever seen a city game sober? ��
    Between the ages of 8 and 15 loads, since then I doubt it, unless I’ve driven to a game.

What I don’t do is “drink during the game”, unless some silly t wat has paid for hospitality

NEXT

A fair few incidents of sober rugby players attacking fans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    A fair few incidents of sober rugby players attacking fans though.
    Now your moving the goal posts😂

That golf buggy on the M4 could have caused carnage, tees & clubs all over the hard shoulder 🤪

I love football and rugby.

It’s not mutually exclusive to like one and hate the other despite the ten trillion threads we’ve had on this subject.

Ask a rugby fan in Wales who they support 90% of them will say Wales
    Ask a football fan in Wales who they support 90% of them will say Manu or Liverpool and Welsh rugby.
    And thats why i hate rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Ask a football fan in Wales who they support 90% of them will say Manu or Liverpool and Welsh rugby.
    It’s a watertight argument.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Surely that’s why you should hate football though 🤔

International

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I love football and rugby.

It’s not mutually exclusive to like one and hate the other despite the ten trillion threads we’ve had on this subject.
    But do you love riding your bike?

Or Eric with his belief that St Davids Day is a conspiracy by the WRU to brain wash kids into thinking that rugby is important.

I suspect that it is due to the absolutely vast difference in numbers of people who actually watch football vs rugby.

(I also suspect that the percentage of idiots who go to watch football is also higher than rugby)

Ever seen st Mary Street after 6 nations? Compare it to after a football match or go and ask the chief of police which is the most difficult night for them.....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...iddle-10891543

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...after-13977858

It's a false equivilancy. Hundreds of thousands (or more) of people watch football every week in the UK. And one twat decides to have a go at Grealish (no excuses - but he is universally hated - it was bound to happen sooner or later) Get 70,000 rugby fans in Cardiff on one day and it's ****ing mayhem. Men and women puking in the streets etc, trouble on trains, abuse etc.