+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Just seen the score. Yet again the top four or five batsmen fail.Croft and Morris have to show some balls here. Rudolph needs to be rested.He is taking a space in the side that is undeserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just seen the score. Yet again the top four or five batsmen fail.Croft and Morris have to show some balls here. Rudolph needs to be rested.He is taking a space in the side that is undeserved.
    Is there much point at resting players at this point of the season.

The top order has been a concern for many a season now, and it needs addressing its a major problem in the longer forms of the game as it doesnt allow a platform for our strong lower order to perform.

Rudolph is becoming an issue because he is taking up the overseas spot and ideally you want the person in that spot to be a top performer.

At this point however i dont think that the money is there for us to sign players to solve our problem areas. So it is an issue of development and to be fair to Croft he has seemed to have brought some of the younger players forward in their development, so we will have to hope that this continues.

'Rested' aka 'dropped' in this case anyway.

He has had a couple of seasons now and a couple of T20 runs apart, pretty rubbish fayre has been served up. As long as Hugh Morris is at the helm I cannot see us progressing.
    Different role within the England setup but I really don't think he has any spine.
    He (and Croft) to make some tough decisions mid season and took 'easy' options which ultimately cost us.
    There are some talented youngsters which have been blooded, I just hope they are nurtured to theirs and our benefit.

Not sure of the solution but Matt Maynard worked wonders with the same players when he took over from Morris as captain (we did have Waqar Younis mind).
    A lot has happened at Glamorgan since then but get Maynard back I say!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    'Rested' aka 'dropped' in this case anyway.

He has had a couple of seasons now and a couple of T20 runs apart, pretty rubbish fayre has been served up. As long as Hugh Morris is at the helm I cannot see us progressing.
    Different role within the England setup but I really don't think he has any spine.
    He (and Croft) to make some tough decisions mid season and took 'easy' options which ultimately cost us.
    There are some talented youngsters which have been blooded, I just hope they are nurtured to theirs and our benefit.

Not sure of the solution but Matt Maynard worked wonders with the same players when he took over from Morris as captain (we did have Waqar Younis mind).
    A lot has happened at Glamorgan since then but get Maynard back I say!
    The problem with Rudolph is that he is contracted, and contracted for another season I think.

So the brave decision of dropping him, or sacking him are not really on the table.

We already have a team that is lacking in experience, and I cannot see the young batsman going for his spot. Selman was the man performing for the 2nds.

Im sure we are all looking for another overseas player to come in to replace the one we have that is not performing, but I don’t think that is an option at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The problem with Rudolph is that he is contracted, and contracted for another season I think.

So the brave decision of dropping him, or sacking him are not really on the table.

We already have a team that is lacking in experience, and I cannot see the young batsman going for his spot. Selman was the man performing for the 2nds.

Im sure we are all looking for another overseas player to come in to replace the one we have that is not performing, but I don’t think that is an option at this moment.
    Every cricketer who plays the game for a few years has at least one season when his figures fall away dramatically. If the player concerned has the talent, then they will nearly always come back the following year and play to their former level, but when a player aged 35 (as Rudolph is) has one of "those" seasons, then it's only natural that questions will be asked as to whether the decline is terminal.

Truth is, Rudolph didn't do that well last season, but there were innings' every now and then that were a reminder of his class. This year however, there's been virtually nothing noteworthy and you have to think that it's only his status and reputation that is keeping him in the team - someone like, say, Lloyd would have been out of the team for weeks now if his batting figures had been like Rudolph's.

I have wondered whether some sort of paying up of his contract in the same sort of way as City have done with some of Ole's signings might be in order here, but I daresay that would have an impact on the quality of replacement for Rudolph we could bring in, so, I think you are probably right - Rudolph will be back next season to see out the final year of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Every cricketer who plays the game for a few years has at least one season when his figures fall away dramatically. If the player concerned has the talent, then they will nearly always come back the following year and play to their former level, but when a player aged 35 (as Rudolph is) has one of "those" seasons, then it's only natural that questions will be asked as to whether the decline is terminal.

Truth is, Rudolph didn't do that well last season, but there were innings' every now and then that were a reminder of his class. This year however, there's been virtually nothing noteworthy and you have to think that it's only his status and reputation that is keeping him in the team - someone like, say, Lloyd would have been out of the team for weeks now if his batting figures had been like Rudolph's.

I have wondered whether some sort of paying up of his contract in the same sort of way as City have done with some of Ole's signings might be in order here, but I daresay that would have an impact on the quality of replacement for Rudolph we could bring in, so, I think you are probably right - Rudolph will be back next season to see out the final year of his contract.
    As well as his batting form his captaincy hasn't been up to much either some of his bowling choices in the one day format have been woeful