+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Newport Second In Div 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Newport Second In Div 2

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Erm, no I wasn’t.

My point was I don’t understand why we should want Newport or Swansea to do well just because geographically they are our neighbours and fellow Welsh clubs.

Besides, the rivalry with Newport is far more to do with what happened off the pitch than on it so league position is irrelevant really.
    If you weren't attempting to make a comparison, then I don't know why you mentioned those rivalries, which are all huge and have a major historical basis in terms of the competition between the clubs involved.

Better examples would have been Manchester City and Bury, or Manchester United and Oldham, or Arsenal and Barnet, or Liverpool and Tranmere.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If you weren't attempting to make a comparison, then I don't know why you mentioned those rivalries, which are all huge and have a major historical basis in terms of the competition between the clubs involved.

Better examples would have been Manchester City and Bury, or Manchester United and Oldham, or Arsenal and Barnet, or Liverpool and Tranmere.
    If Manchester City v Bury is on a par with Cardiff v Swansea then I bow to your superior knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If Manchester City v Bury is on a par with Cardiff v Swansea then I bow to your superior knowledge.
    I thought this thread was about Newport County? Or was the title a red herring?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I thought this thread was about Newport County? Or was the title a red herring?
    It’s gone off on a tangent, as threads do, and evolved into other rivalry’s. The post I made, which you seem to want to pick apart for some reason, was in response to someone saying they would much rather Newport and SWANSEA to do well rather than either of the Bristol clubs.

Three times you’ve been told i was referring to the Jacks.

There won’t be a fourth so please have the last word you so enjoy.