+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever had a leathering following city ?

Ever had a leathering following city ?

I have always managed to avoid getting my arse kicked but have come pretty close

The old fourth and third divisions were the worst ...... Cardiff were coming to town and even the smallest of clubs would have their fair share of nutters

Exeter , don't mention that place, Hereford , Lincoln , the list goes on

I nearly had my head kicked in at Rochdale , Peterborough , Chester

At home the nearest was Stockport , we were walking minding our own business when a load of them attacked us outside tescos by the canton cross

Later on their coach was found by our booth it's and got wrecked

Plymouth away was quite scary once or twice

The games against the bigger sides , such as spurs away I felt safe because we had so many nutters , it was like they had emptied Cardiff prison for the day

Re: Ever had a leathering following city ?

Didn't WelshGirl give ya a right doing on YouTube? :

Ya didn't hang around for that one either.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Didn't WelshGirl give ya a right doing on YouTube? :

Ya didn't hang around for that one either.....
    I was with my old man , he was up for it

Way back in 1971, I thinkIt was skinhead era, but I was sporting long hair.
    Evening game vs the wurzels .
    I lived in Risca at the time; easiest way back was train to Newport, then bus home.
    Went to Newport in a train full of carrot-crunchers! but no problems.
    Walking from Newport train station to bus station, I got jumped by 3 skinheads, while their girlfriends looked on, fought them off a bit but t hey got some kicks in.
    Not really sure if it was because of my hair or my city scarf (which they didn't get!)

Forgot Scarborough away in the early nineties

Was living in Bradford at the time so changed at Leeds station and caught the train to the game

I was on an early service so thought I wouldn't have any hassle and it was only little Scarborough !

Got off the train , it was only 12 o clock so thought I would grab a nice quiet pub lunch at the nearest pub to the station

Walked in wearing my city shirt and quickly ran out back to the station .......followed by ten what I thought were Scarborough fans but was later told were Leeds who were there to help out their little Yorkshire cousins

You seem to spend loadsa time on yer ownsome.

Wonder why that might be....

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Forgot Scarborough away in the early nineties

Was living in Bradford at the time so changed at Leeds station and caught the train to the game

I was on an early service so thought I wouldn't have any hassle and it was only little Scarborough !

Got off the train , it was only 12 o clock so thought I would grab a nice quiet pub lunch at the nearest pub to the station

Walked in wearing my city shirt and quickly ran out back to the station .......followed by ten what I thought were Scarborough fans but was later told were Leeds who were there to help out their little Yorkshire cousins
    Couldn't find a Mothercare to hide in could you?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Way back in 1971, I thinkIt was skinhead era, but I was sporting long hair.
    Evening game vs the wurzels .
    I lived in Risca at the time; easiest way back was train to Newport, then bus home.
    Went to Newport in a train full of carrot-crunchers! but no problems.
    Walking from Newport train station to bus station, I got jumped by 3 skinheads, while their girlfriends looked on, fought them off a bit but t hey got some kicks in.
    Not really sure if it was because of my hair or my city scarf (which they didn't get!)
    I was in the middle of a train of York fans once after going over to Rochdale to watch their game when we were both challenging for promotion in the early nineties , got talking to a few of em who were ok but some of the others found out I was a Cardiff fan and wanted to kick my head in , luckily two transport police came into our carriage and yet again my life was saved

I lived I Bradford , was a member of Cardiff city northern branch but there was only a few of us , one bloke and his old man who lived in wetherby

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy View Post
    Couldn't find a Mothercare to hide in could you?
    In a word , no

I got a pasting from Kidderminster away in the welsh cup 1988 - Wore my Terry Boyle shirt up there and got jumped outside the ground by a load of non leagues finest. Ended up in hospital for a few days. Am yet to write a book about the experience!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I got a pasting from Kidderminster away in the welsh cup 1988 - Wore my Terry Boyle shirt up there and got jumped outside the ground by a load of non leagues finest. Ended up in hospital for a few days. Am yet to write a book about the experience!
    Big wolves following up there , biggest club in the world

Gloucester city brought some nutters to the home fa cup game years back but their place was over run in the replay , Scott Morris scored the winner if I remember

Big wolves following up there , biggest club in the world
    I had Wolves 'calling cards' left on me.

Got a letter off Frankie Burrows and some City memorabilia including a photocopied first team autograph sheet and some city sweat bands sent to the hospital!. Also my brother got me the fiesta special from the magazine shop which had Mel from Mel and Kim in all her glory in it.

Still wasn't worth it though as I sucked tomato soup through a straw for 6 weeks.

That Wolves front 3 though!

One of my mates got his arse slashed at Shrewsbury. It was after the Wrexham promotion game in 93 and they only stopped for a drink on the way home. He said they came out of nowhere with scaffolding poles and smashed their minibus up as well.

Had a "SEEING TO" on Blackpool beach in the 60's, but I enjoyed every minute (thinking back, it was most probably seconds ) of it.

she was a "sort"

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I had Wolves 'calling cards' left on me.

Got a letter off Frankie Burrows and some City memorabilia including a photocopied first team autograph sheet and some city sweat bands sent to the hospital!. Also my brother got me the fiesta special from the magazine shop which had Mel from Mel and Kim in all her glory in it.

Still wasn't worth it though as I sucked tomato soup through a straw for 6 weeks.

That Wolves front 3 though!
    Shrewsbury gave my mate who was in the army a right kicking at the station , he was making his way back from Crewe

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    One of my mates got his arse slashed at Shrewsbury. It was after the Wrexham promotion game in 93 and they only stopped for a drink on the way home. He said they came out of nowhere with scaffolding poles and smashed their minibus up as well.
    Shrewsbury have got some right nutters , it's safe to say they and Wrexham don't get on

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Had a "SEEING TO" on Blackpool beach in the 60's, but I enjoyed every minute (thinking back, it was most probably seconds ) of it.

she was a "sort"
    Local lass?

I always used to go to the jagged Thistle , full of lovely Scottish ladies, normally a darts team

He was always the first to run, that's why he was an outcast. Most times he was the only one on his toes.

December 1990 away to Burnley stands out. Previous week had lost to poxy Hayes at Griffin Park in an FA Cup surrender and had problems filling the ex-butcher's van. He was grudgingly allowed after swearing an oath (he was a former boy scout) to not leg it into the nearest laundrette (or wherever) at the first hint of aggro.

He belched, farted, yawned, scratched and picked his nose for every mile of the long trip. More annoying was the running commentary he gave on passing female drivers. What he described doing to them would have made Hugh Hefner blush.

On arrival at the grim northern dump he was full of bravado, inflamed as he was by the three cans of Carling he had necked en route.

While we were acting incognito when heading for one of their hoolie pubs, he would shout "let's fecking 'ave it" and the like at startled and bemused shoppers. He also kept exclaiming: "fookin 'ell, they must have had a brilliant summer up here, mun." I asked him what he was on about. "Well, look at the tans on 'em, it must have been a scorcher 'cos they're still burnt to a crisp," he replied with wonderment. Someone else set him straight: "You cull dunt, they're all fecking P***'s, that's why!"

True to form, he was absent at the furore that erupted inside the boozer. A shoelace that had to be tied 20 yards from its entrance was the lame excuse offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    He was always the first to run, that's why he was an outcast. Most times he was the only one on his toes..
    Well, clears that up.

Thanks!

she was a "donkey"
    Fixed for you

she was "desperate"
    Sorted for you.

she was "partially sighted"
    Fixed.

Gloucester city brought some nutters to the home fa cup game years back but their place was over run in the replay , Scott Morris scored the winner if I remember
    I was at that game. City fans set the portaloo on fire before the game even started 😂
    Remember Ray Daniel picking the ball up near his own penalty area running the length of the pitch, beating about 7 of their players, rounding the keeper , and putting it wide!!! Would have been a worldly!.
    Also 2nd half, City fans after lots of effort, finally pushing the advertisement boards at the side of the pitch over, and seeing dozens of South west plod who had linked arms to try to stop it, landing on their arses 😂