Thread: Sky 4 BT 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sky 4 BT 1

I thought Amazon and Netflix were bidding? They must have offered peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I thought Amazon and Netflix were bidding? They must have offered peanuts
    im surprised they weren't more heavily involved in the bidding.

The gate receipts are now such a small percentage of club revenue, it baffles me why you can't subscribe to a "season ticket" to watch your clubs games online regardless of kick off time. The technology exists. Its already possible via iFollow if abroad. If you open it up to online, reduce the price of match tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

The gate receipts are now such a small percentage of club revenue, it baffles me why you can't subscribe to a "season ticket" to watch your clubs games online regardless of kick off time. The technology exists. Its already possible via iFollow if abroad. If you open it up to online, reduce the price of match tickets.
    That's where we are heading. The interesting thing is that one of the packages yet to be sold is for 20 midweek games. Those 20 games will happen over 2 rounds! This package will, I think, go to an online streaming company like Amazon and is an early experiment of having every EPL game available on "TV".

Sorry the other package is the same - one round of midweek games and one of bank holiday fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

For me it isnt about gate receipts, its about the atmosphere of the game, if we allow a " streamed ST " then the fickle fans will not bother to go and see a game as CCS, they will sit at home in the warm, we have enough " fans " who do not go to anything other than the big games, we do not need to encourage anymore , I know its rich coming from me as i know i do not get to every game, but real life often gets in the way, If i am free, i get to the game