+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Craig Bellamy Statement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Craig Bellamy Statement

As a nation, they have undeniably abused Wales. Ill-feeling is normal. Some people are not diplomatic/polite/clever enough to avoid offending your everyday down-to-earth nice english person. Doesn’t mean I don’t feel distain at the some of the institutions they hold dear as a part of their national identity.

I would turn off their anthem.....weirdly though, that’s the anthem that CB would have received a gold in the football for team gb.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    As a nation, they have undeniably abused Wales. Ill-feeling is normal. Some people are not diplomatic/polite/clever enough to avoid offending your everyday down-to-earth nice english person. Doesn’t mean I don’t feel distain at the some of the institutions they hold dear as a part of their national identity.

I would turn off their anthem.....weirdly though, that’s the anthem that CB would have received a gold in the football for team gb.
    I think the point about the Anthem was that it is the British National Anthem.

It is NOT the English National Anthem!!!!!

It shouldn't Be used before English International matches for any sport. However in the case of the Olympics it would have been entirely appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

It shouldn't Be used before English International matches for any sport. However in the case of the Olympics it would have been entirely appropriate.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

Britain = England. The anthem is just evidence of a union centralised in England.

You can quibble over semantics or technicalties but England rule and so does their queen....the one you sing aboit in your British anthem.

You’ll be complaining next that there is no Nod to wales on the butchers apron....further evidence of how much they care about Welsh unionists.

It’s crawling and pathetic.