Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
I don't see them being at inflated rates. They are worth what they are worth. As NinianClark has also said, many pension funds rely on these businesses to generate cashflows for their customers. What happens to pensioners, who have no time to plan or make changes to their financial arrangements?

Your second point is a decent analogy, however surely you can see that losing 6-0 in the first leg could mean that you are out of the game forever. Better to only lose 2-0 or even nick a late goal to make the next round much more competitive.

My real concern is that we end up with very weak opposition that has no way of holding government to account. when that happens all non Tory MPs may as well go home.
Tories won 165 seats in 1997 and they have recovered fine. British politics is cyclical.

Labour need to present their arguement and if it falls flat on its face so be it. They will be back at some point in some guise. I just hope they don't think they have to abandon what are actually popular policies to be deemed 'electable' or 'credible'.