+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    1. People will come to games at £25. They will come at a cheaper price.

2. I have heard fans complain of lack of atmosphere and football culture changing from assholes to family. Many families have to pick their games £.

£ How many fans who travel to the likes of Bristol Villa and Fulham, do not attend home games.

No more than £15 for games, follow the German example.
    1. That is a case of speaking the bleeding obvious. Sadly, fixing a price point for a business is a tad more complicated.

2. Assholes have by and large reduced families coming, reduced sponsorship. Them wanting "atmosphere" generally means 90 minutes of eyeballing away fans rather than bothering to watch the football.

3. Those going to away games but not home games are happy to give opposition clubs money but not the club they claim to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    This i believe is wishful thinking on your part and suits your agenda.

Why were there constantly high crowds during the vandelism as you call it.? Success cup final appearances and big name signings gave us the big crowds.

You need to move on. Your not coming back.

We had 26000 v Leeds. Not many that day not going because of Tan.

Tan can be blamed for the rebrand. History. No fault whatsoever for the current crowds.
    So, why are the crowds barely hitting 20000 whereas they were constantly hitting 20000 in previous "good" seasons?

The prices are the same now as when I stopped going 5 seasons ago. So, I think we can agree that prices are not a factor. What do you think it is? I've said what I think is a contributory (but not sole) factor. In fact it is the reason why there are 5 fewer people (me, dad, son, 2 uncles) at the games than there would be. Perhaps other people who no longer attend can add in their reasons and we can get a better picture?

The average is currently 19936 thanks to a bonus crowd against Leeds. Realistically, the average is closer to 18000 (taking out the opening day and the ticket give away). My own opinion is that a season like this should see a few extra 20,000 crowds than the 2 enjoyed so far. Am I being unfair in that assessment, if so - Why?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Exactly - blame Tan for everything despite all evidence to the contrary.
    You say despite ALL evidence. The crowd last night would have included 5 from my family - we all have the same single reason for not being there. Maybe we are the only ones - I suspect not.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    So, why are the crowds barely hitting 20000 whereas they were constantly hitting 20000 in previous "good" seasons?

The prices are the same now as when I stopped going 5 seasons ago. So, I think we can agree that prices are not a factor. What do you think it is? I've said what I think is a contributory (but not sole) factor. In fact it is the reason why there are 5 fewer people (me, dad, son, 2 uncles) at the games than there would be. Perhaps other people who no longer attend can add in their reasons and we can get a better picture?

The average is currently 19936 thanks to a bonus crowd against Leeds. Realistically, the average is closer to 18000 (taking out the opening day and the ticket give away). My own opinion is that a season like this should see a few extra 20,000 crowds than the 2 enjoyed so far. Am I being unfair in that assessment, if so - Why?
    Is it because you dont go?

The price is £18 - there isn't anything wrong with what the club charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Is it because you dont go?
    Have you replied to the wrong thread Jimmy?

You dont even go, you clearly hate Cardiff City, so we dont care for your opinion.

You say despite ALL evidence. The crowd last night would have included 5 from my family - we all have the same single reason for not being there. Maybe we are the only ones - I suspect not.
    Most people have seen Tan reverse the colour change and since then do very little wrong, draw a line under it and get back to the key thing of supporting the team.

If you and your family can't get over it... so be it.

Your all ex fans. Not coming back.

Same as those who went before my time im thinking Toshack.

Ive already given my answer on the missing fans.

26000 v Leeds. Need them back to kick on and keep our big names.

If they dont weve had worse times.

My opinion based on new fans v old is the new who joined from our promotion season onwards outnumber those who left.

Anyway even if im wrong there is nothing that can be done for those who chose to stop supporting. They are not coming back. The Leeds game shows we have a healthy fan base with success.

What CCFC need to do is at least maintain our current support. Failure to go up and a few sales an the crowds will dip furthur.

Im glad we are back in blue.

I think its a great time to support this club. Others prefer to do other stuff thats their choice.

Imagine caring about football this much.

Mate of mine walked away in protest, objective now achieved he's come back.

How many are still saying away because of the (now reversed and universally acknowledged as a mistake) re brand? Couple of hundred?

I wish they would all come back, the team on the pitch deserves better support, but it is what it is.

I think a lot of " Redxit " stay aways painted themselves into a corner and now can't
    come back as they'd lose face.

I never endorsed red or wore it but never stopped supporting the team either.

Tan has now made amends in my eyes at least.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

How many are still saying away because of the (now reversed and universally acknowledged as a mistake) re brand? Couple of hundred?

I wish they would all come back, the team on the pitch deserves better support, but it is what it is.
    I reckon its 5

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I think a lot of " Redxit " stay aways painted themselves into a corner and now can't
    come back as they'd lose face.

I never endorsed red or wore it but never stopped supporting the team either.

Tan has now made amends in my eyes at least.
    This.

I felt sick at the scarfgate game
    Watching us parading the championship trophy around the pitch after the Bolton game felt hollow, a forty year dream reduced to "oh well"
    But I thought it was better to be inside the ground supporting the team, wearing blue than walking away to be replaced by a Man U fan.
    I find it hard to trust Tan, but to err is human, to forgive divine. At least he can suck it up and wear a blue city shirt to games. Personal opinion, he fecked up, copped a load of deserved stick about it, listened to "the people" and has given us a competitive side playing attractive football. 18,000 people have moved on, to the few that can't, that is their right, I find it sad, but it's their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

I reckon more. I also reckon that there are others who have come back who no longer have the same enthusiasm - they no longer have season tickets and no longer attend every home game. Once you realise there are other things out there than just football, I dare say it's not so easy to pick up where you left off.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Most people have seen Tan reverse the colour change and since then do very little wrong, draw a line under it and get back to the key thing of supporting the team.

If you and your family can't get over it... so be it.
    I suspect we are the only ones who stopped attending purely as a result of Tans actions. Or, maybe not, and maybe some of the missing thousands can be accounted for in the same way that I have just accounted for 5. I could extend it to a couple of colleagues, a batch of school mates etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I reckon more. I also reckon that there are others who have come back who no longer have the same enthusiasm - they no longer have season tickets and no longer attend every home game. Once you realise there are other things out there than just football, I dare say it's not so easy to pick up where you left off.
    I'd go along with this. At the time, those who stayed away (many extremely loyal) were replaced just like people said they would be. Once the success dries up, the people who attend for reasons other than success have started to be missed.

I am not saying 100% of the fan loss is down to Tan's antics in the years when he gave a damn. However, people here suggest it's negligible - that is ridiculous. It's easy to compare crowds this season with 2010-11 or 2011-12. The prices are the same, the team are getting better results. I've yet to hear any other reasons being given for the loss of numbers.

We can all offer anecdotal evidence if fans coming back, or fans not coming back. The fact is both sets exist, and if every fan returned, or if the effect is negligible, then please offer an alternative reason for the lower gates.

Agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Your all ex fans. Not coming back.

Same as those who went before my time im thinking Toshack.

Ive already given my answer on the missing fans.

26000 v Leeds. Need them back to kick on and keep our big names.

If they dont weve had worse times.

My opinion based on new fans v old is the new who joined from our promotion season onwards outnumber those who left.

Anyway even if im wrong there is nothing that can be done for those who chose to stop supporting. They are not coming back. The Leeds game shows we have a healthy fan base with success.

What CCFC need to do is at least maintain our current support. Failure to go up and a few sales an the crowds will dip furthur.

Im glad we are back in blue.

I think its a great time to support this club. Others prefer to do other stuff thats their choice.
    If your equation of new outnumbering old is right, why are crowds lower?

This.

I used to go to every game I could. To the point that I used to work a night shift on a Friday night, get home at 9am Saturday morning, sleep for an hour then take the kids down the City.

The the red shit happened. I stopped going - some people I went with stopped as well, some carried on going. Didn’t see us playing in the Premier League. Then we went back to being Cardiff City so I decided the time was right to start going again.

Now I just pick and choose what games to watch. If I’ve got other plans then I don’t go.

Do I still enjoy it - yes of course (especially since Colin took over) but it’s not the be all and all as it once was for me.

As others have said, Tan fecked up with the red shit but at least he’s tried to make amends. If that’s not good enough for some then that’s their choice. For me personally I go to support the team - I couldn’t really give a shit about Tan any more.

Absolute classic.

Bloke that don't go to games bashing our attendances.

I'm off for a lie down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    This.

I used to go to every game I could. To the point that I used to work a night shift on a Friday night, get home at 9am Saturday morning, sleep for an hour then take the kids down the City.

The the red shit happened. I stopped going - some people I went with stopped as well, some carried on going. Didn’t see us playing in the Premier League. Then we went back to being Cardiff City so I decided the time was right to start going again.

Now I just pick and choose what games to watch. If I’ve got other plans then I don’t go.

Do I still enjoy it - yes of course (especially since Colin took over) but it’s not the be all and all as it once was for me.

As others have said, Tan fecked up with the red shit but at least he’s tried to make amends. If that’s not good enough for some then that’s their choice. For me personally I go to support the team - I couldn’t really give a shit about Tan any more.
    Fair enough, and I reckon there are hundreds of people who watch fewer games than they once did. Your drop in attendance, like mine, coincided with the rebrand. The only difference being that I miss more games than you, but we probably were virtual ever presents for years until a key event happened.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Absolute classic.

Bloke that don't go to games bashing our attendances.

I'm off for a lie down.
    When you get up, grab a hold of your senses. I am not bashing the crowds, I am offering reasons why crowds are so poor that go beyond an apathetic public.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Do people really offer 'excuses' for not turning up? Do they need to? If people don't feel that motivated to attend any particular event surely that's their prerogative. I find it comical that some people think that others are obliged to do something because someone else thinks that they should.
    I don't know about you but a Cardiff city team second in the league with a real chance of promotion getting crowds of less than 20 thousand is fecking worrying

If we don't go up this season and are only mid table next year we will be getting gates like last night's on a regular basis

If that doesn't worry you then that's fine but it fecking worries me and every Cardiff city fan I talk to

You can be sure it's worrying the club , whatever your opinion

I agree the crowds aren't great, but I remember rattling around in NP in the 80's with only about 7,000 to keep me company. Atmosphere was better then mind.

I'm not particularly worried about the attendances, I'm disappointed, but not unduly worried.