+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cameron Coxe released.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cameron Coxe released.....

Watch - in typical Cardiff City irony - as these players go on to big things!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    About to say the same.

They'll sign for a lower league club, and in a couple of years we'll see them signing for a prem club for £20M +

Don't think we've had too many of our youth prospects go onto big things over past 5 years though. Most seem to end up at Barry Town which, although a very decent standard of football these days, is not the Championship or better. I wouldn't be able to point to any as a clear sign club has got it wrong to release players from youth squad but don't think what the club has been doing has been working, the players must have had a better chance of success elsewhere, so yet another change of approach at youth level doesn't fill me with confidence.

I’d love it judging from some of the cut-throat responses on here.

The amount of quality players that would never have made it after having bombed in two games.

I wonder what sort of insight SM could have got after being here for a few weeks.

County will be rubbing their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I’d love it judging from some of the cut-throat responses on here.

The amount of quality players that would never have made it after having bombed in two games.

I wonder what sort of insight SM could have got after being here for a few weeks.

County will be rubbing their hands.
    Mate he's almost 21 and has been under two different regimes now, you can't say with any certainty that it was Morrison's decision so cut that out.

People really overestimate our academy players, I get we're crying out for young local lads playing for the first team but it doesn't mean we should hang on to players in the hope they come good.

Not a single player we have released in the past 10 years has gone onto better things, the only academy prospect who has done anything of note is Matando and we had no choice in that one. As long as our academy is cat 2 we won't much of note