+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hull relegated with Sunderland and M'boro

Hull relegated with Sunderland and M'boro

2-0 down at Palace, and going down.

That means three new north east away trips next season.

Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Hull.

What are the chances they will all be Tuesday night aways?

Re: Hull. Fecking useless

After putting up a fight for so long, now going down with a fecking whimper

Hull deserve to go down. Fair play to the Jacks they have done their bit when needed. Now we have 3 shit trips..
    It's grim up north

Hull's ground in the middle of nowhere with wasteland all around the outside

Absolute dump

Yes, the Jacks came good when they needed to, fair play. OK they had the luck of the draw with their last few fixtures (and Hull's of course) but they made the most of it. I seem to remember one rather important game where we needed to simply to avoid a 6-0 thrashing and ......!

Sunderland becoming a team for one game only this season and beating Hull before falling apart again for Swansea is such a key event.

Can we stick in a bid for Bowen? 20 years old and apart from missing that chance he seemed to fit in with that level of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Yes, the Jacks came good when they needed to, fair play. OK they had the luck of the draw with their last few fixtures (and Hull's of course) but they made the most of it. I seem to remember one rather important game where we needed to simply to avoid a 6-0 thrashing and ......!
    Hull had two teams to face in the bottom 5 in their last three games and from those games they lost both and shipped 6 goals.
    The jacks beat Everton while Hull were losing at home to Sunderland, don't like saying it but well done to Swansea. They stepped up when they needed to.

Re: Hull relegated with Sunderland and M'boro

No extra payment on the Marshall transfer for Hull staying up, no additional payment based on appearances (yet). Makes the deal to sell him look worse each day.

It's not just three trips up north for the relegated clubs next season, there's another two with Sheffield United and Bolton coming up and I bet Bradford beat Millwall in the Play Off Final as well.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Hull had two teams to face in the bottom 5 in their last three games and from those games they lost both and shipped 6 goals.
    The jacks beat Everton while Hull were losing at home to Sunderland, don't like saying it but well done to Swansea. They stepped up when they needed to.
    I concur. Well done to our West Walian cousins.

As I've said before, it's only a matter of time before the JBs get relegated. They've got weaker every year. It's going to be another long struggle for them next season. I wouldn't be surprised if some of their fans would be relieved when it finally happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    That Hull-Sunderland game changed the relegation battle completely. Had Hull won it and gone 5 points clear, Swansea would have been under severe pressure. As it was, they faced Everton in a far more comfortable frame of mind.

Next season should be fun, though. Sigurdsson will surely be gone, Llorente too. They're the only two players that have kept them up. Unless they invest heavily, they could be next season's Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    As I've said before, it's only a matter of time before the JBs get relegated. They've got weaker every year. It's going to be another long struggle for them next season. I wouldn't be surprised if some of their fans would be relieved when it finally happens.
    And with that weakening, the prospect of a quick return diminishes.

Watching on Match of the Day, at the final whistle at Sunderland, Sigurdsson didn't look too happy I thought. Was it going through his mind " Aw, shite, it'd be a lot more understandable and acceptable if I left because of relegation, now I'm going to look a right twat if I leave".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's not just three trips up north for the relegated clubs next season, there's another two with Sheffield United and Bolton coming up and I bet Bradford beat Millwall in the Play Off Final as well.
    Great news didn't want the emotion of two games with the Jacks getting in our way of winning this league next year

Snodgrass was Hull's Sigurdsson and they let him go. Might have kept them up.

Swansea were the best out of all the poor teams,

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    As I've said before, it's only a matter of time before the JBs get relegated.

Incisive stuff.....

Yep, hate to say it but glad the JB's are safe. I want City to have a real go next year and derby games would have been a distraction.

So much for George Osborne's Northern Powerhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Life's a gas and i hope it's gonna last.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So much for George Osborne's Northern Powerhouse!
    I was waiting for the Tory to blame post .

I think the ice age was started by the buggers as well.
    😉

Hull had 70% possession and got thrashed 4 - 0.

Modern football, eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Life's a gas and i hope it's gonna last.
    Well done for staying up

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    And those poor teams won't be there next season so unless they spend some money they'll be around the bottom again