+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That bloody band!!

That bloody band!!

Still not learned the pace of our National Anthem? Do they always have a train to catch or what?

Infuriating.

Re: That bloody band!!

At least there wasn't some bimbo singing like a scraggly cat like in egg internationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    At least there wasn't some bimbo singing like a scraggly cat like in egg internationals.

Funny though listening to the fans trying to reach that final high note.

Agreed. The song should be enjoyed, hang on the words and sing with passion. Not rushed out like you can't wait to get it over with

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Well no women has sung the anthem at the rugby for years silly billyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

They have a choir.

The football has come no where near to the atmosphere at the millenium.

Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Well no women has sung the anthem at the rugby for years silly billyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

They have a choir.

Ever.

Guess you didn't catch the Belgium game?

They have a choir.

Ever.
    There's no sparkly hatted pissed up tarts to show Wales up either at the CCS

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I've seen a couple, sadly

I thought the young lads playing under the Canton before the game were really good. Thoroughly enjoyed my pre match pints.

Our national anthem is shit really, always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    I thought the young lads playing under the Canton before the game were really good. Thoroughly enjoyed my pre match pints.

What are you on about? The Welsh national anthem is up there as one of the best in the world

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What are you on about? The Welsh national anthem is up there as one of the best in the world
    Maybe, if your world revolves around the local pub in Llanbobl

They have a choir.

Ever.
    And so desperate attempt to be controversial no. 2.589.034 fades away into distance having barely been noticed.

It really isn't, do some travelling and hear other countries sing theres and you will see ours is very tepid in comparison in a language that isn't spoken by 80% of the population.

In the six nations I rank ours 5th (in front of the awful god save the queen). The others are far more stirring than ours.

It really isn't, do some travelling and hear other countries sing theres and you will see ours is very tepid in comparison in a language that isn't spoken by 80% of the population.

In the six nations I rank ours 5th (in front of the awful god save the queen). The others are far more stirring than ours.
    Name the ones you rate so much?

In France over the summer we had fans of all nationalities commenting on our Anthem and how great it is.

Guess you didn't catch the Belgium game?
    Ye I was there.

I was there for 2005, 2008 and 2012 grand slams. And THE 33-3 England whooping.

Wales Belgium was decent but it isn't close.

No where near as good in fact.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 10-10-16 at 13:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    As football fans are the epitome of class!

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Name the ones you rate so much?

In France over the summer we had fans of all nationalities commenting on our Anthem and how great it is.
    France, Italy, Ireland, Scotland, Australia, USA, Brazil for starters. Land of my fathers just doesn't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    Maybe, if your world revolves around the local pub in Llanbobl
    Guessing you'd rather the Welsh national anthem were in English? Not in "blob"

As football fans are the epitome of class!
    Well like it or not they were very highly thought of in Euro 2016 by the hosts and were reported as a credit to the Nation.
    I don't suppose that goes down too well with an 'egg' fan.
    Perhaps you should note the name change to your rugby stadium too-but thank you no we have no wish to play on a rugger pitch- our team have said they wish to remain at the CCS.

A lot of people outside Wales think it's a fantastic anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    A lot of people outside Wales think it's a fantastic anthem.
    A lot of people think Cliff Richard is great too.

Ye I was there.

I was there for 2005, 2008 and 2012 grand slams. And THE 33-3 England whooping.

Wales Belgium was decent but it isn't close.

No where near as good in fact.
    I disagree. I have seen Wales a number of times at the then called Millennium Stadium and found the atmosphere disappointing. I think the CCS is more hostile for the opposition.

France, Italy, Ireland, Scotland, Australia, USA, Brazil for starters. Land of my fathers just doesn't do it for me.
    Some other decent anthems there, but the Aussie one reminds me of something out of Grease.

Each to their own I guess, but I think you are in the minority of thinking the the Welsh one is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Well like it or not they were very highly thought of in Euro 2016 by the hosts and were reported as a credit to the Nation.
    I don't suppose that goes down too well with an 'egg' fan.
    Perhaps you should note the name change to your rugby stadium too-but thank you no we have no wish to play on a rugger pitch- our team have said they wish to remain at the CCS.
    I don't think I have ever met an "egg" fan that looks at football as a negative.

Only bitter football fans cry over coverage.

When rugby brings so much to the city.

And the last time wales played at the millenium, england wasn't it?. I saw more fighting in one day than I've seen at the rugby in 10.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 10-10-16 at 18:48.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Some other decent anthems there, but the Aussie one reminds me of something out of Grease.

Each to their own I guess, but I think you are in the minority of thinking the the Welsh one is rubbish.
    I sing it as passionately as the next Welshman but I just think all the others sound far more stirring.