+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Strength in depth

Strength in depth

I can't remember when last Wales had so much talent available. The youngsters are only going to get better, it's just a pity Bale, Ramsey and Allen aren't a couple of years younger!

Re: Strength in depth

They all have a good few years left in them for Wales and I think the mixture of youth and experience is just right.

Scintillating performance tonight by the old and new.
    I don't think I've ever seen Wales play better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I can't remember when last Wales had so much talent available. The youngsters are only going to get better, it's just a pity Bale, Ramsey and Allen aren't a couple of years younger!
    All three have still got another World Cup campaign left in them though. We still have Woodburn, Wilson and Danny Ward as young players coming through so it’s really positive.

To think that just three years ago Emyr Huws was the future Welsh captain. Now he’s forgotten.

Tonight was a masterclass. That first half was the best I've ever seen from a Welsh team.

And what a goal from youngster Connor Roberts!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    To think that just three years ago Emyr Huws was the future Welsh captain. Now he’s forgotten.
    Not forgotten, just a bit of a journey back.

Smith and Ampadu could be pleasing foundations to midfield for years. All about players reaching their maximum and this group seems ready to help each other get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    All three have still got another World Cup campaign left in them though. We still have Woodburn, Wilson and Danny Ward as young players coming through so it’s really positive.
    I hate the fact that Bale, Ramsey and Allen's last potential world cup is that shitty corrupt one in qatar

Incredible to think that Brooks, Ampadu, Smith, Roberts, Dummett and Mepham were all dual qualified before tonight but are now committed to Wales.
    Even without the performance that would be a huge plus so definitely a brilliant night all round.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I hate the fact that Bale, Ramsey and Allen's last potential world cup is that shitty corrupt one in qatar
    If it's any consolation they're all probably corrupt

Goalkeeper position looks good for next 6 years
    Full backs - Davies, Roberts, Gunter and Dummet plus Chester could always cover or John/ Jazz if desperate
    Centre backs- Ash Mepham and Chester but we have 3 fullback who can play there and Ampadu plus hopefully Poole will develop
    Midfield the 3 who played today plus Smith king ledley and huws
    Attacking we only really have vokes and Bale who could play as in a central role maybe Lawrence but have lots of options if play as a 3 with brooks Wilson and woodburn

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Goalkeeper position looks good for next 6 years
    Full backs - Davies, Roberts, Gunter and Dummet plus Chester could always cover or John/ Jazz if desperate
    Centre backs- Ash Mepham and Chester but we have 3 fullback who can play there and Ampadu plus hopefully Poole will develop
    Midfield the 3 who played today plus Smith king ledley and huws
    Attacking we only really have vokes and Bale who could play as in a central role maybe Lawrence but have lots of options if play as a 3 with brooks Wilson and woodburn
    Keepers - Hennessey, Ward, Maxwell, Davies,
    Full backs - Gunter, Davies, Roberts, Dummett, John, Richards, Taylor, Hughes (Preston), Matthews
    Centre backs - Chester, Mepham, Williams, Lockyer, Rodon + Davies and Dummett, as well as Ampadu
    Centre midfield - Ramsey, Allen, Ampadu, Ledley, King, Smith, Evans, Huws, J Williams, Poole
    Wingers - Lawrence, Wilson, Brooks, Woodburn, G Edwards, James, Watkins, Bodin, Hedges, Thomas, Harris
    Forwards - Bale, Vokes, Roberts, Bradshaw, Doidge + a host of the wingers who can also play centrally

The future is bright and there will be many more names to come I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Tonight was a masterclass. That first half was the best I've ever seen from a Welsh team.

And what a goal from youngster Connor Roberts!
    It was the best performance since we beat Norway 4-1, when Speed got us playing a certain way.

I know people might argue Belgium or Russia in the euros are up there, but in terms of the football we played, tonight was right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Keepers - Hennessey, Ward, Maxwell, Davies,
    Full backs - Gunter, Davies, Roberts, Dummett, John, Richards, Taylor, Hughes (Preston), Matthews
    Centre backs - Chester, Mepham, Williams, Lockyer, Rodon + Davies and Dummett, as well as Ampadu
    Centre midfield - Ramsey, Allen, Ampadu, Ledley, King, Smith, Evans, Huws, J Williams, Poole
    Wingers - Lawrence, Wilson, Brooks, Woodburn, G Edwards, James, Watkins, Bodin, Hedges, Thomas, Harris
    Forwards - Bale, Vokes, Roberts, Bradshaw, Doidge + a host of the wingers who can also play centrally

The future is bright and there will be many more names to come I'm sure.
    compelling list, Remember the days when we could barely name 23. You can add Rabbi Matondo as well

Squad looks a lot stronger than the Euro semi final squad. The front line looks a lot better, we still have Vokes on the bench as an option and Tyler Roberts looks a better option than a Simon Church.

We had to play Cotterill and Johnny Williams at times during the last campaign whilst at the moment we have Harry Wilson in reserve who i feel is a better option than both.

Mepham adds an option in central defence and Dummet an option at left back. I thought Connor Roberts looked exceptional last night, which improved the right back situation with Gunter now as back up.

We would be still be weakend without Bale, Ramsey or Allen playing but what international side wouldnt.