+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CCMB Fantasy League - April Update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: CCMB Fantasy League - April Update

Hmm. In principle, these leagues are good fun, but when people have made almost 30 transfers in one season it becomes a bit daft.
    The overall leader in the UK has made nearly 40 transfers, these things should be done with say a max of 3 transfers to allow for bad injuries mun.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Hmm. In principle, these leagues are good fun, but when people have made almost 30 transfers in one season it becomes a bit daft.
    The overall leader in the UK has made nearly 40 transfers, these things should be done with say a max of 3 transfers to allow for bad injuries mun.
    The ability to make transfers is integral to the skill of the competition. If only 3 transfers were allowed people would lose interest as there would be nothing to do for most of the season. Making transfers keeps interest alive. The League is very well designed as it is because it gives even those who are not particularly good at it the chance to win a monthly prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The ability to make transfers is integral to the skill of the competition. If only 3 transfers were allowed people would lose interest as there would be nothing to do for most of the season. Making transfers keeps interest alive. The League is very well designed as it is because it gives even those who are not particularly good at it the chance to win a monthly prize.
    Thinly veiled "I'm coming last so want to change the rules" post imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Thinly veiled "I'm coming last so want to change the rules" post imo.
    I am nowhere near last.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I am nowhere near last.
    I wasn't referring to you, rather the post you were commenting on. Anyway, it wasn't intended to be taken seriously.
    Last edited by Baloo; 21-05-17 at 09:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I wasn't referring to you, rather the post you were commenting on. Anyway, it wasn't intended to be taken seriously.
    Thank you. I was thrown by the fact your post quoted mine. Even more thrown by the fact my post supported the current arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    There are fantasy football games like that, but nobody plays them because it's boring.

30-40 transfers is not much, it's pretty much one a week over the season. FPL is so popular because you can change your team every week (after all, they are a commercial site so why would they want people to check every three months) and if you want to make lots of changes then you can, but it's a risk - and a risk that normally doesn't pay off.

You can do well in the game by spending 15 minutes on a Friday afternoon reading the article(s) on the FPL website about players in form and with good fixtures and following the advice. Even if you're just logging in to change your captain (about two minutes work) then that's going to make a big difference.