+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

I have pondered on this myself. As a 70+ year old I am obliged to stay at home 24/7, so here I am in splendid isolation for the last 2 weeks and maybe many more weeks yet. It's not too bad, just missing face to face contact with friends and family. Even when this episode is deemed to be officially "over" and I go out and about once again, how can I be sure that there still aren't a significant number of folk who are asymptomatic also out and about? Might it not have been better that I had caught the virus now and thereby got some immunity? The problem is I would never know if I had got the milder form of the disease, or if not, it would have killed me anyway!

I wouldn't put any store in getting the vaccine - that's going to be a very long way off and, not unreasonably, us geriatrics are going to be way down the priority list!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I have pondered on this myself. As a 70+ year old I am obliged to stay at home 24/7, so here I am in splendid isolation for the last 2 weeks and maybe many more weeks yet. It's not too bad, just missing face to face contact with friends and family. Even when this episode is deemed to be officially "over" and I go out and about once again, how can I be sure that there still aren't a significant number of folk who are asymptomatic also out and about? Might it not have been better that I had caught the virus now and thereby got some immunity? The problem is I would never know if I had got the milder form of the disease, or if not, it would have killed me anyway!

I wouldn't put any store in getting the vaccine - that's going to be a very long way off and, not unreasonably, us geriatrics are going to be way down the priority list!
    My mother is 80 and has "underlying health issues" I usually see her once a week .
    I haven't seen her since I read the consequences of this virus. She has stayed in for a couple of weeks, like yourself, and I do worry
    how long will it be before she is able to leave the house safely.
    If my thoughts on this are correct it will be some time away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post

If they follow the model with the seasonal flu jabs, the vulnerable (including us oldies) will actually be higher priority.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    If they follow the model with the seasonal flu jabs, the vulnerable (including us oldies) will actually be higher priority.
    I agree. If the situation was reversed and there was something that was much more dangerous to youngsters than oldies, I would not expect or want to be getting any vaccine in front of them.