Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
But I think it's a pretty accurate one. More than any modern politician I know, Boris Johnson's whole outlook on life is governed by what benefits him most. If he had concluded that his chances of the highest office would have been best served by being a remainer dedicated to getting a second referendum while speaking out against the intolerance of the far right then that's what we would be seeing from him now. Instead, he has figured, possibly rightly, that his cause is best served by being Britain's version of Donald Trump, ready and willing to say and do anything which keeps his name in the headlines.

I've mentioned before that I was no fan of Margaret Thatcher, but at least she was a conviction politician who believed wholeheartedly in her cause. If Johnson has any convictions, they are paper thin and can be easily lost if needs be. To me, it is so easy to see Johnson for what he is that I'm amazed there are people who don't, or don't want to, get it - the idea that we could soon have him or Rees-Mogg as Prime Minister is one of the biggest indictments of twenty first century Britain that I can think of.
Politics around the world changed when Trump got into Power, people actually think " it might be a good idea to give him a go " rather than follow the traditional " I vote Labour / Tory and always will " It seems people actually will vote for the politician these days

Rees-Mogg or Boris , its a tough choice